[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What to study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20140810-WA0003.jpg (165 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20140810-WA0003.jpg
165 KB, 960x1280
Good evening everyone!

I kinda have a little problem and I'd like to see if anyone could help me. I'm a 18 y/o Scot living in Germany and graduating from a German school in a few months. Here lies my problem. I don't know what I want to do, I'd like to study but I don't know what. Im a little over the average student. I have been thinking about many different options. One would be studying Economic Sciences, but I have the feeling that will end in a dead end office job, doing the same boring thing day after day. Another thing Ive though about is studying something thats a mixture of IT and economics, but it's the same here, chances are to end up with a dead end job. I've also though about studying chemistry because I find it very interesting but the problem with doing that is, I'll HAVE to do a PHD or else I wont be worth a thing later on, and another problem is that Ive read a few forum posts about people not having any spare time when they study chemistry nor do they have time to work to earn money. This would be a problem because Im planning on moving out too (still in my hometown though). Im wanting to move out with a friend, we both have part time jobs and can afford rent and stuff. But do you guys think its smart to move out while studying? Just to be more free and not being bound by parents decisions?
And my final question now refers to the starting problem of not knowing what to study or to do, how did you manage to decide on what you were wanting to do for the next few years/ the rest of your life and could you recommend anything that wouldnt end up in an extremely repetetive job doing the same thing day in day out?

Thanks for any response! :)
>>
sad self bump :D
>>
one last time :<
>>
i think you're not getting any responses because most people who come to 4chan are americans and as you probably know germany and usa have really different societies
>>
>>16859525
(cont) but if i may still give you advice, i'd say there's nothing wrong with picking one and trying it out to see if it's for you. you're very young and now is the time to experiment. nowadays people act like everyone should have dreams and passions but truth is it's much more natural to not know what to do. so if you're really not sure what you want to do, try to think of things you want in life. set up specific categories and see what would be most efficient in getting you there.
>>
Pick something in university you will enjoy trust me I did a computer science course and was managing fine but I was not enjoying it one bit so I changed over to accounting and finance and I really enjoy what I learn. It become painfully hard to deal with a degree when you don't enjoy it one bit so honestly go through what you would be learning like.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.