[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm way smarter than the average person and too important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (911 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
911 KB, 1200x800
I'm way smarter than the average person and too important to just be an average working joe but I don't believe in college. Is it impossible to get rich?
>>
Not with retarded amounts of luck, connections, and capital.
>>
>>16857697

I know a few people that live comfortable lives who learned on their own how to program or set up computer networks. They are not wealthy but do more than ok.
>>
>>16857697
>I'm way smarter than the average person
>too important to just be an average working joe
>I don't believe in college
>Is it impossible to get rich?

Well you're sounding pretty fucking stupid right now m8. Use your "smarter than average" brain to find the answer yourself.
>>
>>16857697
Well you ain't smart enough to properly troll in 4chan.
>>
Honestly anon if you're asking then you're not smart enough. Seriously you better just be jerking yourself off here if you don't know how to learn what you want to learn to get the occupation you want.
>>
>>16857726
Well I live in a suburban town in the middle of nowhere I feel like if I lived somewhere with more resources and skill sets I could do something. I don't want to be rich as fuck I just want a house and an ok car without working 24/7 and destroying my life and hating my job I don't want rich as fuck I just want a job I like
>>
>>16857735
If you don't want to go to college and you want a nice job then IT is probably for you. It's the only field I know of that almost prefers being self taught. There's also certs you can take which legitimizes you for bigger firms.

It's also fairly broad. You do computers, computers do lots of different stuff. I suggest you look at job descriptions and figure out what to learn from that. But there's often a lot more requirements than are actually needed because of company politics usually. Aim for the most general knowledge first. Also consider how a systems administrator is different to a programmer. You can really take those two job notices and assume you should be learning from both of them.
>>
No. You just have to start a business.

You need startup capital, and a business model that requires little up front investment.
>>
>>16857735
Be an entrepreneur . Angel investing, startups, the internet provides a lot of opportunity.

Surely if you're "way smarter" than the average person, this shouldn't be hard.
>>
File: 1330678291319.jpg (38 KB, 468x456) Image search: [Google]
1330678291319.jpg
38 KB, 468x456
>>16857697
Not impossible at all. For example, I'm a drug trafficker.

I went to college for a while. Father always told me though - you don't get rich working for someone else. And it's true. Run a business - honestly as I've spread out I've realized more and more that legitimate businesses often have better margins than I do anyway.
>>
>>16857782
I don't want to do anything illegal though it's fun and it sounds nice but the risk would always be fucking with me
>>
File: 1317895580430.jpg (3 KB, 126x83) Image search: [Google]
1317895580430.jpg
3 KB, 126x83
>>16857785
Here's the deal. Being an entrepreneur is risky regardless of what it is you're selling. You have to invest capital in equipment, expertise, and/or product and then you have to start chasing down work all while not getting a steady paycheck.

If it was easy to be your own boss and make good money everyone would do it but it's only an *easy* option for those who have parents to fall back on/get a loan from. And for them it isn't easy to succeed, just much closer to consequence free when you fail.

You don't sound a lot smarter than average (though I know that's already been said here) unless you're very young. The world is full of money and systems for acquiring it. It's a matter of being able to go out and take hold of that shit that matters. Figuring out the systems, look for supply and demand. Realize where you can find something cheap that other people will pay for because they don't have access to the same resources as you do or don't know the value of the product they're buying, or simply want to pay you for the convenience of not dealing with the supply chain you've worked to develop.

And now I've told you enough that your above average smarts should carry you the rest of the way. Or at least enable you to ask smarter questions.
>>
Write something amazing or become internet famous.

If you are interested in the IT path some mentioned, do some research on Comptia A+ and Network+ certifications. There are many more but these are the biggest ones for landing non-college IT jobs. I've heard Microsoft's are pretty respected too.

I am an IT degree program college dropout but am considering getting those certs myself to get a better job.
>>
File: 16.png (181 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
16.png
181 KB, 600x600
>>16857697
>>
>>16857697
>i'm way smarter than the average person
>too important to just be a working joe
>i don't believe in college
>how can i get rich

It's easy to make money off folks like yourself.
>former con artist
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.