[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend cheated. Our relationship is in a complicated place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: meme.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
My girlfriend cheated. Our relationship is in a complicated place to begin with. She was in a four year open relationship (where the man didn't want things open, but put up with it because he loved her). I then entered the picture (experimenting with polyamory myself) and essentially stole her away into what we agreed to be a monogamous relationship. They lived together, and he flew across the country to be with her. He is now flying back, but a day before that, he came back to fix something in the apartment and they had sex. She told me that it was only for a few minutes, that she stopped it, and that she cried afterward feeling guilty for what she had done.

I've been having trouble justifying certain freedoms I've been giving up for the sake of our relationship and due to the abrupt nature of her break up and her new relationship with me, things have been mostly good, but sometimes really rocky.

When she told me what happened I felt somewhat relieved and broke it off because I had been having doubts prior, but she wants me back, and I'm realizing that I really miss her. The odd thing is that even though she did cheat, I am not all that angry about it. I'm barely angry and it feels like I'm using this as a reason to break up rather than it actively affecting me. Part of me wants to give it another chance because this reason doesn't feel like a genuine one to end things, but rather the easy one. I believe that if we can mend the issues we've been having then we can move on and have one of the best relationships of my life.

Advice?
>>
She cheated, she doesn't respect you. She's not deserving of your respect, so either leave her, or keep her around only as a FB.
>>
This entire situation seems horrible. She knew the guy wasnt into poly shit, yet she forced him into it. She got him to waste so much time and money to move across the country and then move back.

Now she's cheated on you with that same guy. If she won't respect him, what makes she's going to respect your time and effort?
>>
you deserve it you kind of took her away from the other guy anyways/
>>
>>16855965

KEK
U
C
K
>>
>>16855965
I would just dump her man if she cheated on you then she doesn't care about you
just think of this:there are a hundred fish in the sea but the finest one haven't been caught yet
>>
From how she treated her ex she sounds like an awful person. You also sound like you aren't a good person, but that's beside the point. You should break up with her. Relationships with rocky starts usually never go well.
>>
>>16855979
This
Whatever you do don't fucking get back with her or you WILL regret it.

You could try to just keep fucking her, but idk if I'd even recommend that in this case since you're already considering taking her back after this, you'd probably cave in a heartbeat and take her back after sex.

Just be over with her man, it'll be for the best
>>
>>16855965
>pushed her former boyfriend into an open relationship
>had sex with another man after you agreed to be monogamous

It doesn't matter if she feels guilty for what she did. It's clear that what she wants is to fuck around and she's already exhibited an inability to keep that in check. Given the chance, she'll do it again.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.