[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do some people become "leaders" of their cliques/circle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1455928310077.jpg (39 KB, 1161x670) Image search: [Google]
1455928310077.jpg
39 KB, 1161x670
Why do some people become "leaders" of their cliques/circle of friends?
Is it because they're impressive in one way or another?
>>
It's because they are confident. They tend to make final decisions because everybody else is too shy/awkward to articulate their opinion
>>
>>16854978
Yes. They have qualities that makes others want to follow. These are true leaders, not the ones who true to lead people, but the ones that people willing chose to follow.
So the person who's really good at say a sport will lead the clique that plays that sport. Because you wish to emulate them in some way.
>>
>>16854987
Exactly this. Leaders are often confident but also kind and have good social skills. They are role models to some extend
>>
>>16854995
>>16854987

are you guys shitting me

when was the last time you left your basements
>>
>>16854978
I'm incredibly shy but have the strange power to become the center of a social gathering. Like at my pals 18th I suggested how funny it would be if we flipped his refrigerator upside down.

And somehow 6 guys pick it up and do it with me. It made strange noises so we flipped it back over.

Really it's all just being happy with yourself and enthusiastic. I think it helps that I'm 6'3 and have a deep voice too.
>>
Keep in mind the majority of leaders and managers these days comprise of ignorant overconfident fools with a cognitive bias towards their own knowledge and abilities. The ignorant and under-confident follow these people.
Most truly wise/intelligent people don't follow. They observe and make their own paths.
>>
>>16854978
Be well liked and introduce friends to other friends.
>>
Even in groups of 5-7 I've never felt our friend group had a leader. Maybe that means I was the leader, but really I felt like we were all equal, but if someone knew how to handle the situation better they'd take the reigns.
>>
I could write a long while about this, but I fell into this position. Long story short, I met two people like me, and we formed a social group together and went from autists to, well, functioning human beings. I won't take full credit for that, but I make a conscious effort every day to make a good impression and try to help my friends. I take charge in situations where no one else wants to, and I have gotten us out of so many bad situations because of good social skills (ones with cops, or getting into parties).

Most of all, what my friends admire about me is that I am working very hard to do something with my life, and I constantly engage my friends about their interests and try to push them forward by trying to fuel them with passion to do more.

The moment I realized that I was the leader is when we all took molly (which forces you to be honest and open), and they all told me this. I am also intelligent enough to notice how my friends follow in my footsteps; I get a job as a waiter to pay for college, and push every single one of them to also get the same type of high paying job as a waiter. Other things include subtle body language things, and well, just people always coming to me for advice.

In short,
You are someone who has big goals.
You are someone who is clearly working toward them.
You're smart and you can speak well.
You focus on ideas and other people rather than yourself.
You entertain people and are good at being a "good" center of attention.
You legitimately care about the people around you and it shows.
You never, ever talk shit about your friends, and you always try to remain positive and push your friends to keep calm, keep positive, and cool even in situations that are very stressful (like with cops), and you guide your friends through these situations and make sure to reflect after it's over so EVERYONE learns something from it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.