[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Poems and girls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: jenni.jpg (368 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
jenni.jpg
368 KB, 1920x1200
What are the implications of writing a short poem to a girl? is she going to assume I'm in love with her?
>>
>writing a short poem to a girl
just don't
>>
>>16852113
Have you been
1. In a relationship with her for an extended period of time?
or
2. Dated her a few times but have great chemistry?
>>
>>16852113
You're a huge dweeb is the implication.

Communicate through the medium of conversation.
>>
>>16852126
No, she's a co-worker that I find hot. She has laughed at things I've said.

>>16852124
why not? do girls find poems corny? maybe she's never had one and she will be flattered.
>>
I, for one, okay, I think it's a good idea. Write the right poem, and you should be golden for a "here you go. Thanks."

Share it with us?
>>
>>16852145
it's in spanish I don't know how good it will be once translated to english. I think is pretty good.
>>
>>16852113
The truth is, it will heavily depend on the girl in question. And, there aren't that many girls left who appreciate artistic expression of admiration and adoration. Without a doubt, the younger she is, the more corny you will come off. Older women may have more tact, and some may even appreciate the gesture.

Consider that we don't live in the eighteen-hundreds anymore. Social media is where it's at these days. Not to mention, most media tend to make a mockery of men who endeavor such outdated methods of romance, often painting them as insecure, frail characters.
>>
>>16852150
I don't want her to be my girlfriend or anything, she's just pretty and has a nice body. I looked at her the day before yesterday and the words just came out by themselves.
>>
>>16852149
Read it to us over Clyp as if you were to read it to her.
>>
>>16852149
C'mon post it post it post it post it post it

And don't translate
>>
>>16852156
I'm not going to read it in front of her, I was just going to give it to her as a treat or something.
>>
>>16852154
Just fucking do it. The worst that would happen is she ignores it
>>
>>16852158
nah then you guys are going to start shit and destroy my confidence. I know my 4chan.
>>
>>16852172

I speak spanish OP, I wont criticize you honestly and think you should post it.
>>
>>16852113

yes do it
>>
>>16852113
>is she going to assume I'm in love with her?

Depends on the content of the poem really...

I mean, she's not goin' to assume it's about love when you write;
>Violets are blue,
>Roses are red,
>I want to choke you,
>And party when you dead,

Unless she thinks you're some sort of psycho, she aint gonna assume that's a love poem. It's a hate poem.

A second poem, that has nothing to do with love, just as an example, will be about a girl at my workplace that I unlovingly refer to as "deathstare bitchface";

>Head down, I won't even look at you,
>Despite not looking, I've seen you so many times,
>All in different forms, shapes and sizes too,
>The cold hearted bitch, without her own way, continually whines.

>The expressionless stare, that others might find hard to read,
>Through it, I see a lack of a soul,
>While others filled with emotion, drip it out and bleed,
>The truth is, you're not whole.

>I once played a game, to poke the bear,
>I gathered my courage, and asked you if you needed any help,
>While walkin' over, I felt the cold, of that dead blank stare.
>Expecting "creep" or some other insult to be thrown, not so much did I get, as even a little yelp.

>That in truth, was the scariest part.
>You were nice, flattered and seemingly warm,
>I terrifies me, how well you pretend you have a heart,
>But I see the real you, devoid of all but scorn.

Not lovey, at all.
>>
>>16852219
haha that's pretty good

Ok here it goes:

Atardecer calmado,
tu cabello dorado.
Brillante sonrisa que ilumina.
Estrella titilante, que sin querer hipnotiza.
Blanca piel como la Luna,
Igual de lejana...
Como tú no hay ninguna.
>>
>>16852267

Google translated that stuff:

Evening calm,
your golden hair.
Bright smile that lights up .
Twinkling star , who accidentally hypnotizes .
Skin white as the moon,
Equally distant ...
As you no .

DESU, content wise, she's gon' think you're crazy about her desu senpai.
>>
>>16852138
Don't fucking do it.
>>
Go ahead OP.

Whats the worst that could happen? Nothing really.

You could get pussy. And whats a given, you will be more courageous.
>>
>>16852735
She works with him. Do you know how awkward their relationship could become if OP is even a little dorky?

A poem is something that you write for somebody that you love or care about deeply. Some girl at work that you find hot doesn't meet those conditions.
>>
>>16852154
Why the fuck would you create art for someone you aren't emotionally invested in
>>
>>16852219
is me.

>>16852776
>A poem is something that you write for somebody that you love or care about deeply

>>16852781
>Why the fuck would you create art for someone you aren't emotionally invested in

These posts implying I like "Deathstare Bitchface".

They are wrong.
She is not a person, or a sex object. She is a social landmine I maintain a cautious nature around, treading lightly as not to set her off - possibly the biggest threat in my work environment.

OP, you can write and create art about whatever the fuck you want. Shit, Bloodhound gang make a song called "I hope you die", so why not write a poem called "let's bang, friendo".
>>
>>16852776

I am sure OP already took that into consideration, but he will do it anyways and thats to be recognized.

So godspeed OP.
>>
>>16852172
I mean shitposters on 4chan are probably the worst people you want critiquing your poem, but if you can win over a bunch of emotionally numb neckbeards then I think you can handle a qt3.14
>>
>>16852138
imagine someone gave you a poem. what do you even do? it's just awkward
>>
>>16852113
Better review your sexual harassment policy first. This is a big risk. It will most likely make things really awkward between you two or worst, you'll look like a creep. If you do it, do it out of the workplace and not at any work-related event.
>>
>>16852267
Not horrible!! Not professional, but not cringeworthy either.
cred: I'm an English major with some published work. I'm also a girl who has received poems from horndogs like you.
>>
>>16852113
>is she going to assume I'm in love with her?
i guess it would depend on the girl but i know i would
>>
>>16853198
Feet pls
>>
>>16852267
First thing is, does she even like poetry in the first place? If she does, it could be very effective (and your poem isn't half bad).

>>16852869
I've gotten a few. Rejections are hard with or without poems, it's not really different.

>>16853099
He would only look like a creep if the poem was actually creepy. It really isn't.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.