[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GF parents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1456515241803.jpg (9 KB, 261x194) Image search: [Google]
1456515241803.jpg
9 KB, 261x194
My girlfriend and have been togheter for almost 4 years now, and I'm pretty sure I want to be with her for the rest of my life. I really love her. Unfortunately her parents don't like me that much. They are deeply religious, and so is my gf. They made me convert 3 years ago but I stopped believing in their religion because it was pretty stupid (mormonism) so they tried to force her to break up with me, but she continued seeing me without her parents knowledge. So finally 4 months ago she lied to them and told them I was going to church again and they accepted me. The thing is that I don't believe in their religion and I don't think I'll ever do, but she somehow thinks I do or will do.

What should I do? I already tried to convince her to leave her religion but she is really indoctrinated.
>>
Price?
>>
>>16851342

be honest to her. lie to everyone else. if you can honestly say
>im pretty sure i want to be iwth her for the rest of my life

than that is the price you have to pay. one morning a week.
>>
>>16851342
she will never leave her religion, you should just tell her that you dont believe but you'll do lip service to make it right with her parents. pretend to follow the religion. plenty of people have done this. two of my uncles did for their wives. if you care about her this is the price of admission for a healthy family.
>>
give up desu, I couldn't do it which likely means you will not be able to either.
>>
I convert for my girlfriend 2 years ago.
It's basically this >>16851602
>you dont believe but you'll do lip service to make it right with her parents

My girlfriend is cool with this.
>>
>>16851342

>What should I do?

Grow up, how old are you guys?

There comes a point in every adult's life where a line must be drawn with their parents. If you guys are under the age of 18 then none of this matters because relationships before you're in your 20's are suppose to fail.

If you are over 18 then you have a choice to make; either she chooses her relationship with you, or her relationship with her parents.

If they can't accept the fact that you aren't mormon and she can't accept the fact that EVENTUALLY she's going to have to rectify her life choices with her parents' morals then you both are going to be stuck in this endless loop forever or until this tension comes to a head.

You think you're the first little bitty that has had to make this kind of decision? You guys want to be together but you refuse to live as a slave to her parents morals. If distancing herself from her parents is the answer, then do it, but i doubt she will. So either suck it up or leave.
>>
File: bombs.jpg (11 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
bombs.jpg
11 KB, 224x225
OK, it's grownup time.

Your GF likes and prefers her mormon faith, yes?
As a dutiful husband/bf, part of your job is to bolster her faith. Part of the gig you signed up for..

If you're a nonbeliever, the last thing you want to do is to undermine her religion, as it's a death sentence to the relationship. Basically, any religion instilled before adolescence is likely the source of comfort and faith she'll rely on when things go so shit, like when someone dies or things get hard. If you've undermined that and contributed to her loss of faith, it'll either come out of your ass or she'll fall apart when she needs you or your faith most.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.