[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a britbong junior doctor anything.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 5345444jpg.jpg (110 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
5345444jpg.jpg
110 KB, 620x372
Ask a britbong junior doctor anything.
>>
How is taking care of syrian refugreeeeeeeees as they soak up the healthcare while your mum dies because she is "too white" to be taken care of?
>>
Do you like Jeremy hunt?
>>
>>16834849
what made you open this thread? (yes, I'm asking seriously, not to mock)
>>
>>16834849
>Ask a britbong junior doctor anything.

What race are you?
>>
>>16834849
How do you feel about a possible British exit from the EU?
>>
>>16834849
What gender are you?
>>
>>16834849
Do you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?
>>
>>16834849
As I get older I notice I suffer from heartburn more often.

Should I just eat Tums (or similar stomach medicines) whenever that happens? Or should I change my diet?
>>
>>16835987

Seconding

There are so many RNs in the US these days that probably every adult knows at least one. Not sure why you'd want to talk to whatever a junior doctor is on 4chan when you can speak to a CCU RN in real life.
>>
>>16836005
Mostly I'd be curious as if knowing if he/she wanted to give advices or thought of discussing about it or felt sad and wanted to give advice to others, and so on. It's not the first time I see this happening.
>>
>>16836060

The only thing a med student or resident would be able to give valid advice on is how to get into med school.

I'm not going to play into the autismal 4chan thought that med students are somehow medical professionals or that residents can be trusted with anything.
>>
>>16835868
I've literally never treated a refugee. Nor met one IRL. I live in a prominently white, middle class area.

>>16835987
Finished nights, was still buzzing when I made thread. Have since been to sleep. Now my body clock is fucked.

>>16835990
White master race.

>>16835995
I don't really know much about it in all honesty. I'm fairly politically ignorant when it comes to our role within the EU.

>>16835997
Male.

>>16836000
Atheist. M'lady.

>>16836004
I presume you're relatively young. If you're fat, lose weight. If you smoke, stop. If you binge drink, stop. Then try and isolate dietary triggers and use gaviscon as symptom control. Failing that try ranitidine. Failing that go to your doctor and ask for omeprazole/lansoprazole/esomeprazole.
>>
>>16836235
I have had ringing in my ears the last two months since going to a particularly loud club. Normally I don't go to clubs and have only done so once or twice where, in my own country, the volume is loud but not to the point my ears pop.

Since that trip I've tried to avoid it but have been to a club once more since I came back. The ringing has persistent but seems to be fluctuating slightly from low, barely audible pitch to medium pitch but the high pitch ringing occurs rarely.

Is this likely to me permanent or is there a chance this may go long term?
>>
>>16836283
You need to have your ears examined and have formal audiology testing. You also need to be examined to make sure there is no abnormality within the nerves of the face and neck.

Noise exposure tinnitus normally lasts a day or two. You need to have the above done to ensure nothing else is going on.
>>
>>16836297
I have actually been to my GP who informed me to return in 4-5 weeks if it had not subsided (this was after a first visit where the other GP told me to come back only if my hearing worsened).

My concern is the cost of the Audiologist. Why should I be worried about abnormalities in my face and neck?
>>
>>16836305
>cost
This concept is literally alien to me.

>Why should I be worried
You shouldn't, but it needs to be done for completion.
>>
>>16836312
Alright but the most important question I suppose is: is there a chance despite the damage to my inner ear, of the ringing itself to subside over a few more months or even a year or two?
>>
>>16836312
I was meant to say, instead of subside, wear off or go away.
>>
>>16836317
Difficult to say without doing the above first.

Tinnitus is pretty variable. Most people it's temporary over space of a few months. Depends on the underlying cause.
>>
So something like half a year ago I went to a metal gig. I ended up being stuck closer to a speaker than I'd have liked, and I've had this weird sensation in my ear since. Almost like that sensation you get from changes in pressure when you fly or drive up a mountain.

Could a doctor realistically do anything about this or do I just need to deal with it?
>>
>>16836339
Similar advice to the other guy really. But more importantly here would be to have someone look inside your ear to make sure you don't have a wax impaction or effusion behind the ear drum. If so, it's pretty easily treated.
>>
>>16836353
Guess it's time to schedule an appointment. I forgot to add that I seem to have a minor form of tinnitus when no white noise is active too.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.