[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Gf is on Mirena, should you still use a condom? I know she's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: th90JSJ8CA.jpg (8 KB, 470x480) Image search: [Google]
th90JSJ8CA.jpg
8 KB, 470x480
If Gf is on Mirena, should you still use a condom?
I know she's free of STD's but I'm curious if anyone's experienced with it or is more knowledgable about it. What's the failure ratem stuff like that?
>>
If it's inserted properly it should never fail. Failure rate is 1%<.
>>
I have never seen a vagina
How does that shit not hurt
>>
>>16832402
Funny thing about sexual partners is that no matter how long you've known them and how much you trust them, they may still cheat.
>>
>>16832402
Maybe the guy she cheats on you should wear the condom?
Don't be a complete cuck
>>
This Anon >>16832431 is correct. I have a Mirena and it has been fail proof so far - I've had it for 6 months. If you're still uncertain or nervous, use spermicide.. I did for the first few weeks/month while the hormones settled in. Just be aware that she may experience pregnancy symptoms every month where her menstrual is supposed to be -- as the dose of hormones is tricking the body. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>16832464
>>16832469
Nigga she got tested like a week ago and came back negative on all STDs.

>>16832470
Thanks for being the only person here that isn't a cuck
>>
>>16832470
If I may ask, did you get any other side effects? I am looking into this with my gf but her gynaecologist is against it and depo provera. For depo she said it's still not well tested and for IUDs she said it's not a good idea for someone who hasn't given birth because it could cause sterility IIRC.
>>
>>16832402
99% effective still means there's a chance of kiddies. I have two kids, both conceived when she was on the pill.
>>
>>16832675
Well it depends on HER, really. I mean, the reason why I went from THE PILL to an IUD was because my psych meds were clashing horribly with the pill... With the IUD I have no issues that I'm personally aware of. However, I will say that if it can be done then she'll have some extreme cramps after the procedure is complete, as the Dr has to open the cervix and that HUUUUURRRRTS like a mother fuck.. Plus after there will be bleeding and then eventually spotting.

If your GF really wants the IUD and the doctor wont do it, find someone who will, just do be aware of the side effects portrayed by the current doctor at hand, they do care.. even though it doesn't seem that way at the time.

Another side effect I've noticed just recently is my libido. It caused my ex to think I was cheating on him because I did not have the desire at all to fool around what-so-ever.
>>
>>16832441
It's a flexible device. The protruding ends of the T flex down and can fit into a plastic applicator tube that is no thicker than 5mm in diameter. The opening of the cervix is small but this small tube can fit. Once inside the uterus, the gynecologist will push the inter urinary device (mirena T) with a little rod that fits inside the tube and pushes the mirena out. The mirena will then spring back into a T shape and be activated by the body's heat. Only a string that's attached to the mirena will stick out of the cervix. This string is so that the doctor can pull it out once the IUD runs out of hormones. Rarely will the male feel the string.
>>
File: placement_and_removal-figure_5.gif (22 KB, 406x493) Image search: [Google]
placement_and_removal-figure_5.gif
22 KB, 406x493
>>16832876
Pic related.
>>
>>16832834
Haha. That is one smart women or you're a very dumb bloke if you believe the pills failed twice.

Considering the biggest factor in any contraception failing is down to the user.
>>
Wife had one in for 4 years. Absolute best decision. Condoms are completely unnecessary. It is 99.9% effective and is the most effective form of birth control besides abstinence. It literally is a medical oddity for you to get pregnant with this thing. It is non estrogen based too so it is healthier and doesn't affect libido as much either.

Only downside is that no sex for a month after they put it in and take it out. That string stabbed my dick hole though for a few weeks too but it softens up after awhile. Totally worth it though.
>>
>>16832927
You are thinking of the copper T, not mirena.
>>
>>16832929
Nvm, mirena is non estrogen based.
>>
I have never used a condom with my gf
>>
>>16832441
It does hurt going in, but after a day or so it's fine
>>
>>16832834
My gyno told me it's more effective than getting your tubes tied.
>>
>>16833612
It's the only birth control methods that is on par with sterilization. Tubes tied, ball snip, they can both potentially grow back. IUDs are so much more effective than other forms of birth control because there is no case of user error.
I got mine in like September, but I got the copper one because the older I get the more hormones are fucking with me. I have noticed zero side effects, but I had a baby last April, and am still nursing so I haven't had a period yet.
And from the literature I read (and the class I was forced to take by Kaiser), there is no risk of infertility. I got this taken out and I can get pregnant the exit day if I want.
>>
>>16832402
Raw dog my man. Just be aware of the little string on it. You may feel it on your dick and it feels weird.
>>
>>16832402
trust nothing m80, i'd rather be safe than sorry

don't be silly, wrap your willy
>>
>>16832585
She could be cheating on you as I type this with someone that has a STD.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.