[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm falling for my lab partner but I'm in a 6 year
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
File: 1443104206512.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1443104206512.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
I'm falling for my lab partner but I'm in a 6 year relationship. Ok so I met a guy in class last semester and didn't think anything of him. Then the semester was over and we saw each other in the next course of the series and recognized each other and became lab partners.

Now that I've worked in close proximity with him I have become attracted to him. I'm in a 6 year relationship and live with my fiance. I'm happy with him but I can't stop thinking about this guy.

This guy is tall, handsome, muscular, extremely intelligent, humble, and just tries to do his best at everything. We got our exams back and he scored tthe highest in class with a 99. He wasn't even happy about it but said he couldn't believe he missed that one question. That he'll do better next time.

Anyway, my fiance and I love each other but I guess it's the same routine. Get home, he gets on his Xbox and I watch movies on my phone and make dinner, do homework and go to bed. I find myself fantasizing about this guy like he's a mythical being.
>>
>xboxfags

Truly the biggest cucks of the gaming world.
>>
If he isn't happy with 99% on his exam, what makes you think he'll be happy with you? Not even trying to be mean here.

Get out of your current relationship and spend a long time alone. Your fiancée deserves better than you.
>>
>>16832161
Well, that's your problem there. You're bored of your current relationship and seek excitement elsewhere. It sounds like your boyfriend has gotten complacent over the years like many other men.

Try talking to your boyfriend about how you feel about the relationship. That, or you could have excitement with your lab partner.
>>
>>16832183
this
>>
>>16832183

Well he wasn't mad. He just didn't celebrate it. Yes a perfectionist so I guess it was expected of him.

I'm not planning on leaving my man or cheating on him. I just don't know what to do. I just have to make it a few more months and never see him again. I know once he's out of my life I can forget him and my life will resume normally. I need to not be attracted to him
>>
>>16832161
There are always downsides to a person. We all struggle with something. This guy just doesn't show it so you can't see it and you only think about his positives ie you crave another honeymoon phase. Your fiance, on the other hand, is a normal human being. It's okay if he's not super exciting 100% of the time.

Try and plan a trip together or something. This is what long term relationships are all about. A healthy amount of spontaneity to keep the flame alight.
>>
>>16832196

I'm an introvert so I wouldn't say I'm bored. I prefer to stay in. It's just that this Prince charming is in the picture and I know he's attracted to be so it makes it hard to stay focused on what I have at home.
>>
>>16832214
Until the next guy comes along. And then the guy after that. And the guy after that. The problem isn't men in your life. The problem is you.
>>
>>16832289

>the problem

I'm sorry, but -- are you seriously suggesting that any human in a relationship needs to immediately cease feeling attraction to anyone else but the one person they're with, and never feel it again? That this is somehow the only way that there is not a "problem"?
>>
>>16832278

That's what I thought, until he told me his flaws and humanized himself to me which made me even more attracted to him. I know stuff about him he doesn't tell anyone else at school.

I know he likes me because he asked me out to lunch after class one day and I rejected him. Ive gone out to lunch with colleagues in the past but that's because we were just friends and not attracted to each other. I know better than to hang around with him after class
>>
Op, this sounds like one of those cheap romantic novels of a woman in a boring relationship until one day she finds her prince charming. Just do your fiancé a favor and break up with him before you cuck his poor ass.
>>
>>16832161
women like you are the reason that i no longer maintain any relationship past fwb with a woman
you are all incapable of playing the long game, sticking to your word, or actually participating in the "commitment" that you all claim to want so badly. if you truly care for your fiance, do him a favor and tell him that you are not what he thinks you are, and spare him from the shitstorm that will ensue if he continues to associate with you

yes, im mad
>>
>>16832301
Why are you with someone at all if you know you are going to fantasize about other men? You are the problem. Despite trying to paint yourself in the best light, it is obvious what a shitty and selfish person you are. You can't even acknowledge your own flaws and your immediate response to criticism is to become defensive.
>>
So I'm wrong for finding another human being attracted to another human being while in a relationship? I'm sure every guy goes through this at one point.
>>
>>16832356
You are not wrong. But you are wrong if you act on it though.
>>
>>16832348
we all know that is not going to happen and she will cheat anyways because women are ruled by emotions.
>>
>>16832356
It's more complicated than that, but since you are so stupid and can only think about yourself, all you need to know is that in your personal situation you are wrong.
>>
Search 'metafilter crush', AskMe has some stuff that will help you.
>>
>>16832161
The grass isn't always greener on the other side, OP.
>>
Mind is blown on some of the bullshit contradictory opinions on here. I'd love to hear about your perfect relationships. People are fucking idiots.
>>
>>16832352

That's not me who wrote that.

I'm not defensive. I love my fiance and will never cheat on him. I've had plenty of guys hit on me and try to talk to me and I've rejected all of them. I don't want to get to kknow anyone other than my man. I never go out and meet men. This guy was just a random chance because I don't have friends at school and I'm an introvert. So we recognized each other and became lab partners.

I already rejected the guy. He asked once and hasn't asked again. In fact, he has made himself hard to reach. We only text about school related stuff and he always heads straight for his car after class.
>>
>>16832438
And yet you are here talking about him.

HMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMM HMMMMM
WHATEVER COULD THIS MEAN?????
>>
>>16832356
Correct. Just see what happens, find out how you'd like to proceed, but finish your current relationship before starting a new one. I ended my 5-year relationship with my fiancée when I met a much better match in terms of personality and future outlook some years ago. Still don't regret it. Just my opinion, but your first 'real' relationship should never be your last. Also: don't get married while you're in college. You're only now figuring out who you are. It'd be better to make that decision by the time you're 30. Again, just my opinion/experience.
>>
>>16832445

yea i cant get him off my mind. it has become an obsession.

>>16832447
i'm not ending my relationship in the hopes me and him will work out. He get too much attention from other girls and can easily get a more attractive female than i am. There are like 3 girls who want to fuck him in our class alone i can only imagine his other courses.

i just want the semester to end.
>>
>>16832183
>>16832214
Best advice. If this is an issue now, imagine when you start working and will know your coworkers for many years.

>>16832196
This is viable, but the fact that you let it get to this point is telling. You should have picked someone that you weren't infatuated with. You knew that it would bring trouble, and you never stopped. This was warranted, all of it.

>>16832284
Tell your lab partner that you have STD's or leave your fiance, you piece of shit.

>>16832308
Your relationship is FUCKED. Why did you become his lab partner if you knee that problems with infidelity would arise?

>>16832348
This

>>16832301
They shouldn't allow themselves to be infatuated. You should have stopped it, but you acted on your desires and decided to continue interaction. It's not "nature," it's YOU.

>>16832356
Never once. I am close friends with a female that I almost had a relationship with. I told her that I will have nothing to do with her on person unless one other person was present. Her, out friend, and I were going to watch movies and get dinner, and our friend couldn't show up. We sat on opposite ends of the couch and watched Tim and Eric, the least romantic movie of all time. We ate at a shitty local Chinese food place, and she went home. I couldn't have felt more guilty for just being alone with this woman, because to do this is a breach of trust with my girlfriend. I told her and she wasn't too happy about it, but it made our trust grow because I let her know, even though nothing happened. She flirts with me constantly despite my relationship, and I haven't done anything with her since.

>>16832482
Consider telling him that you secretly want to cuck him but won't admit it. That way he can leave you and find someone better.

>>16832410
Shut the fuck up. People know you're acting whorish, don't turn on them just because it's the only defence you have.
>>
So what if you admire someone? I'm pretty fucking awesome. People around me notice. Yet somehow relationships and marriages do not crumble when I walk by. I'm not the harbinger of melancholy to everyone else in my life. They just like being around me. I like being around them. End of story.

The only thing that his existence has done is make your life better. You still get all the same stuff you have with your fiance, but now with the added bonus of a stud to tickle your bean to. Much ado about nothing.
>>
You should really, really talk about how you feel to your fiance. Fucking video games when you got a girlfriend at home??? Our lives are short and youth is an illusion. You want to spend your life with an escapist fag than this alpha dude???

I put a lot of effort my my girl. We both lead busy lives and seldom see each other, but I wouldn't ever allow her to feel unappreciated. She does the same with me.
>>
>>16832214
>I just don't know what to do
Fucking cut contact? This isnt a difficult question. You find yourself being tempted by something, and rather than distance yourself from it you keep hanging out with him.

Jesus christ just leave your partner if you're going to keep this up so he can find someone with a solid head on their shoulders.

>>16832356
No you jackass. I've been tempted by women all the time in the past, however I set up boundaries. Part of being an adult is knowing to keep yourself out of situations where you may do something stupid.
>>
>>16832410

"Everyone is wrong but me."
"Everyone is contradictory but me."
"Everyone is a fucking idiot but me."

If you think that everyone else is an asshole, then 90% of the time, it's you. By the way, you don't fit in that 10%, you're definitely conjuring up some fuckery in this thread by being so brainless.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.