[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/ So I have this skin disorder called becker's nevus.It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: my beckers nevus.png (2 MB, 1078x1627) Image search: [Google]
my beckers nevus.png
2 MB, 1078x1627
Hi /adv/

So I have this skin disorder called becker's nevus.It started developing on my chest at around 13 years old. I had no idea what it was at the time and I was afraid of getting made fun of so I never took off my shirt or went to pool parties or anything like that. Ever since, I have never taken my shirt off in front of anyone. Now I'm 22 years old. I'm afraid of talking to girls because I feel like they will automatically think I'm unattractive because of it. I avoid sexual confrontations entirely because of that awkward moment that might happen when a girl tries to take my shirt off. I feel like most people would just think it looks gross. I don't want any attention to it just in case someone says something negative.

Unfortunately, there is no good cure for getting rid of this abnormality. I usually try to shave the hair off to but it grows back very thick and dark very quickly so I got tired of shaving it all the time.

The only solution that seems semi-reasonable is getting a tattoo to cover it. Although, getting a giant, gaudy tattoo isn't my thing at all and I generally don't like tats.

On first glance, do you guys think it looks pretty bad? If you're a girl would you think It's gross? Should I start shaving the hair again? Am I over thinking? Idk, maybe I'm just being a bitch about it but idk since I've never shown anyone. I'll take any advice or comments about it. I just wanna talk to someone about it. Thanks a lot /adv/ and sorry for typing so much.

tldr I have this stupid skin disorder and I think it looks horrible is it really that bad? What do I do about it?

Also if anyone else here has some skin abnormalities or unusual physical appearances then let's talk about it.
>>
It looks fine...what exactly are you insecure about? The uneven distribution of the hair? I seriously don't see anything wrong.
>>
>>16825782
>Unfortunately, there is no good cure for getting rid of this abnormality.

Laser hair removal doesn't work..?
>>
nah. no one cares about that stuff, dicks are gross enough.
Don't feel too good about yourself though, you've probably got some other psychological disorder. ask your therapist about body dysmorphia.
>>
You're good bro. It might look a little funny, but nobody is going to think that it's gross. As long as you own shit like that people aren't going to care. Just be like "Haha, my chest hair just grows in on the one side." And it's cool.

My skin has different pigmentation on my chest. Like right by my lowest rib it looks splotchy and changes in color so my bottom half and top half are slightly different colors. Nobody other than woman I've had sex with have ever mentioned it though and it's always been in a good way.
>>
>>16825785
>>16825791
>>16825795
I guess it's just a shitty pic. Sorry dudes. there's dark pigmentation on my chest. I did get made fun of for it once when I was a kid, so I suppose that could have had a psychological affect. Thanks guys.

>>16825800
Okay cool. Thanks a lot man. I do feel better about it already.
>>
>>16825782
You have a normal and decent chest, the distribution of hair doesn't really matter. Get laser to remove it if it makes you feel too insecure.

Don't get a tattoo if you don't like them, you'll regret it.

I'm a grill btw.
>>
>>16825804
I actually see what youre talking about. Its the brownish skin under the hair right?

Its nothing to worry about. Ive known people with much worse. Everyone has their insecurities, this is one you can be proud of. Don't let it make you think twice anymore.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-19-18-51-39.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-19-18-51-39.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>16825849
yeah it's mostly the dark brown skin i'm worried about.

here's another pic. It might help. Otherwise, if you guys really don't see much to worry about then I guess I'm just an idiot.
>>
>>16825859
You may be an idiot, but I know how hard it is to rid yourself of insecurity. Like I said I think everyone has them. If it were me I would take my shirt off and not bother saying anything and not think of an explanation unless asked. You can eventually drop the insecurity as part of your persona, it doesn't need to be something to be defended.
>>
>>16825782
My best friend is 6'6", 500 pounds, and sweats literally all of the time. He hasn't been single for more than three months since high school.

Literally nobody will give a shit. If it bothers you that much, buy a clipper and buzz your hair before you're going to be shirtless.
>>
>>16826283

He might live in a place where its not acceptable to be a landwhale and have greater social pressures
>>
>I got tired of shaving it all the time.

lazy shit
women shave every day so can you
>>
>>16826296

No they don't...
>>
Your skin deffect is not an advanced stage bruh you don't have to worry just wax/laser and go the gym but most importantly don't give a shit consider it could be worse.
>>
Honestly, I think it looks kind of cool. I suspect you'll face more trouble over people thinking you're trying to be some kind of hipster, as opposed to actually making fun of your condition.
>>
>>16825859
How about you shave your chest. The only thing weird is the hair distribution.
Id roast you if you took your shirt off and had that hair. I dont see what you mean about the pigmentation but I might make fun of it but its all in good taste. Id just consider it a birth mark and let it go. Its you who is making a big deal about it. Not anyone else.
>>
I know your feel in a different way.

I have hidradenitis suppurativa and I had a bad flare-up in my arm pits a few months ago. I got it under control though.

But still the years have scared the shit out of my underarms. I just started messing around with a guy recently and I'm actually more insecure about it then I thought.
>>
File: tumblr_mf10j874eu1rdw96to1_400.gif (144 KB, 354x369) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mf10j874eu1rdw96to1_400.gif
144 KB, 354x369
>>16825782
Cute guy.
8/10 would date the fuck out of you.
>>
>>16825859
I see nothing unusual at all. Girls get stretch marks everywhere and they themselves are the only ones who notice. Just like you are.

Forget about it and the tattoo. If you going to the beach or shirtless clubbing get some fake tan.
>>
>>16825782
>becker's nevus
It's really, REALLY, meh. Get your shit together, OP, nobody's perfect.
>>
>>16825804
>there's dark pigmentation on my chest

Tell people you're part black.
Before you know it, you'll find some fat as fuck white girl to fuck you.
>>
>>16825782
Epilate?
>>
Have you actually tried taking your shirt off and see what happens?
It was ONE incident frim some insensitive dumb kid. Do you want to let that get to you STILL? go somewhere (a waterpark?) you don't know anybody. Before you go, make a list. The first one is about how you think people will react (stare, look disgusted, whatever). The second is how you would know people don't give a shit (nobody takes a second glance at your chest, nobody stares or makes a negative comment). Thengo and pay attention to how people react. Thank me later
>>
File: 20160220_101838.jpg (626 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160220_101838.jpg
626 KB, 1920x1080
Kids are cruel OP. No decent adult would ever make fun of you for that, seriously. Some might mention it since it's a bit unusual. But as other people have said before in this thread, everyone has insecurities about their body and yours honestly isn't that bad.
The back of my upper arms is very read and full of little bumps, looks like I've got a rash or a sunburn. People have mentioned it before but no one gives a fuck. Seriously.
I also have ppp and lots of fordyce spots on my dick which used to make me incredibly insecure. I still don't like it and have some confidence issues about it but the two girls I've had sex with before have never even mentioned it. It's no big deal I guess.

Pic related, my arm. Sorry that it's upside down, my phone always does that on this app
>>
>>16825782
You're fucking weird, there is literally nothing I see wrong. I'm a female and I've read some of the posts here, yes, the distribution of hair is the only thing off and even then, who cares... It is body hair. You're "condition" is not visible. Kids are mean, you are dealing with adults now and don't be insecure about this anymore. I also was born with a skin condition on my chest called hemangioma, scary looking red marks at birth but disappear on its own, usually before puberty... In my home country, I was the first baby with this or something and they thought it was cancerous so they cut everything off, my breast area, the muscle underneath and I'm a female... I'm missing a breast and left with disgusting scars and a weird indent from missing muscle. THIS is definitely something that is awkward for a man to see when they have sex with a girl, so I've obviously avoided sex like you have and it sucks so much. I can't even take my shirt off during intimacy or feel comfortable naked on my own, I can feel what I'm missing.
>>
File: conor-mcgregor.jpg (37 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
conor-mcgregor.jpg
37 KB, 650x366
>>16825782

No it does not look bad, the weirdest part is the uneven hair growth, but that should hardly be a deal breaker

that being said you are a prime candidate for a massive chest tattoo. I don't like tats either but you could make it badass and I guarantee you won't have image issues anymore

pic very related, do something like this
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.