[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, /adv/. I never really come here, but /b/ is unresponsive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: kinex-car.png (129 KB, 314x280) Image search: [Google]
kinex-car.png
129 KB, 314x280
Alright, /adv/. I never really come here, but /b/ is unresponsive. I want to go on an adventure. Maybe around Europe or Asia or America or anything. I'm just a little bit stumped on what to do. Suggest shit to me.

I'll heavily consider whoever rolls 17.
>>
>>16819534
Shameful self bump.
>>
>>16819534
Why the fuck would you even ask /b/?
>>
>>16819553
I just normally lurk there. Sometimes they're chill.
>>
>>16819546
One more...
>>
Timbuktu
>>
>>16819618
Fuck.
>>
>>16819623
So close...
>>
Travel, getting working visas along the way. Visit New Zealand, Australia, Fiji, Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, China, Russia, and Western Europe. Get a train pass in Europe. Make sure to check out some Scandinavian countries and Austria.
>>
>>16819702
Where would I stay though? THat's expensive
>>
>>16819534
Kashmir
>>
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
>>
>>16819798
I heard that place is nice
>>
>>16819746
You can travel abroad for the same cost as living in most parts of the US.

You stay at hostels. Hostels only cost like $10-20 USD a night. Assuming $15 of food a day and $20 accommodation and $5 misc expenses, you'll be able to save up $700 for your next airplane ticket in 30 days if you get a job that pays $8/hr.
>>
here

>>>/trv/catalog
>>
>>16819806
I get 9/hr, about 24 hours a week
>>
>>16819847
Okay, then for a reasonable trip to just europe, for a month, you'll need to save up about 1400 for airfare, 600 for train, 400 for food, and 650 for board. So total being about $3000.

If you get a working visa in europe, it's a lot easier to save because you don't have to worry about rent/car insurance in America. Also the less often you have to travel by airplane, the more money you save.
>>
>>16819862
I don't mean a small trip. I want like a long term move somewhere or something. Get enough money and just leave.
>>
>>16819872
Well, you can get a working visa in New Zealand for up to 12 months, iirc. Most other countries allow 3 months, which is enough time to save up to move on to the next.

You'll likely need about $7k saved up to get started though, and for emergencies. You can easily get that by saving for a few months and selling your car/crappy possessions.

One thing is for sure. When you're travelling, you definitely learn to pack light quickly, so sell as much stuff as you can before you leave.
If you don't use it at least once a week, you don't need it.
>>
>>16819899
Checked. You're helping me, thanks man.
>>
>>16819922
Glad to help, mr dubs
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.