[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I will call my doctor tomorrow but I'll write it anyway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: anxiety-image.jpg (271 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
anxiety-image.jpg
271 KB, 1536x1024
I will call my doctor tomorrow but I'll write it anyway since yesterday i'm having extreme anxiety attacks or wathever they are, they just come out of the blue and they are very intense, they last about 30/40 minutes. I feel dread, confused, paranoid and mildly dazed, I keep having weird extremely pessimistic thoughts accompanied by slight headache and nausea. Anyone ever experienced this?
>>
>>16814131

One many years ago, its pretty awful. Eliminate the stress factors in your life if you can.
>>
>>16814149
jesus christ, I felt like I was dying, and couldn't think straight but yeah it's probably due to stress conditions
>>
>>16814192

I thought I was having a heart attack, but then some logic kicked in. It helps to focus on breathing, or at least so I have heard.
>>
>>16814131
I have indeed experienced this, actually the last 30 days have been high with anxiety. I'm talking to councilors

One time many years ago I was having anxiety bouts as well and I remember thinking people were watching me, so I didn't like to leave my house much.. stress can do fucked up shit to our heads.
>>
Used to get them, especially in social situations. I'm on medication now that eliminates the most severe physical symptoms of anxiety.
Try breathing exercises and mindfulness. Try to distract yourself, surround yourself with people you trust.
>>
>>16814209
Breathing is the best you can do.
Close your eyes and envision your lungs expanding and contracting in time with your breathing.
Using this visual usually helps me
1. Breathe. And
2. Focus on something other than what's stressing me out.
I've been having these anxiety bouts too because I think I'm pregnant and this usually helps me.
Ultimately you'll have to face what's stressing you out and take care of it.
But doing this usually gives some motivation to fix things.
(for me its more of a waiting game kill me lol) but its still helped.
>>
>>16814209
>>16814251
>>16814222
is it "normal! that it happens even in calm moments? Yesterday it happened while I was just walking in the street and today during dinner, so there was not a specific trigger event. I feel better now btw, thank god they don't last long time, I'll call immediatly the doctor tomorrow.

I'm having a hard period during these months, so maybe it's quite comprehensible.
>>
>>16814276
thanks, that will help
>>
>>16814278
Yeah, it happens. Good luck at your appt, anon. Hope you'll feel better soon.
>>
>>16814131
Have a Snickers, you might just have some low blood sugar that's effecting you physically and mentally.

>you get a little Robin Williams when you're hungry
>>
>>16814131
So I am not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but I used to suffer from panic attacks a dozen times a day, every day starting in 7th grade. I was in a small town so no doctors could ever diagnose it properly even when I eventually went for help.

After four or five years I realized what they were and that helped me control and limit them as I knew that as bad as it was, it wouldn't kill me. I still suffer from anxiety and it will occasionally manifest itself in other ways - for instance two years ago I had difficulty swallowing for two months, but the attacks themselves have almost completely gone.

If nothing else it's taught me how powerful the mind can be, how much perception is reality, and how strong I can be if necessary. I manage without meds, though I am not sure how different things would be if I tried it. Honestly, I am wound so tight I worry about taking anything that could alter my mind, even if potentially for the better.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.