[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are my options? I didn't get into uni, no CC. Was interested
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What are my options? I didn't get into uni, no CC. Was interested in merchant Marines
I need advice
Pic related is me
>>
I feel so hopeless
Do I take up a trade? How do I do anything ? What so I pick? Maybe army is better? Merchant marine better?
What the fuck have I worked for all these years
>>
>>16807906
The SIU's UA program takes fucking degenerates all the time. If you have a brain cell in your head you'll be accepted and it's a good way to enter the industry.

Sucks ass though, telling you now.
>>
>>16808773
Wait why? I'm not stupid
>>
>>16807906
Why can't you go to community college? It shouldn't be too expensive.
>>
>>16807906
Wait a year and reapply. Do a shit ton of volunteer work and get a job to improve your resume.
Its what I did. If you want bonus points take classes in your weak spots at a CC.
Apply to state schools as well. Take the SAT instead of the ACT. I dont remember how the scores work because its been so long but I only had a 2050.
>>
>>16809929
>Didn't get into uni
>Didn't even get into CC
>Not stupid

Yeah dude, you must be smart but just lazy.
>>
>>16809995
>>16809942
I already finished my two year
>>16809975
There is no way it can be improved , I already had a ton of volunteer work
>>
>>16810070
Do more. 1000 hours got a girl with shit grades into harvard.
Also make sure they know you want to start fresh and not transfer credit. Unis hate transferring students.
>>
>>16810070
Then you need to apply to less selective schools.

This really isn't that hard to figure out though, so maybe you're just too stupid to get in anywhere.
>>
>>16810097
Wait what? Why would I start fresh?
>>16810102
I just applied to my state school
>>
>>16807906
get into programming by using coursera, codecademy, udemy, and udacity, and then try to get into a bootcamp. some will only charge you after you've landed a job
>>
>>16810122
>Why would I start fresh?
This is why you didnt get in. Colleges dont like transferring students. You took courses at a CC. Basically you took courses at a level they dont approve of so they are not going to want to transfer them over for you. You best bet is to ask to start over, then go to your advisors and chair and ask for credit from the courses you already took.
If you dont want to start over you arent going to get in.
>>
>>16810152
That makes no fucking sense. What the hell?

Also apparently they haven't denied me they just haven't approved me and now instead of being a freshman applicant I'm a transfer applicant
>>
>>16810158
What are you saying. I thought they rejected you.
>>
>>16810254
Is uppu in da aeur
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.