[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a woman who was raised by a single father, without a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1.jpg (103 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
103 KB, 500x530
I'm a woman who was raised by a single father, without a mother in the picture. The only three guys I've ever tried to date considered this a huge red flag, and considered the fact that I'm very close to my dad to be a problem. Is this just bad luck, or is it a normal thing for guys to think that a woman without a mother figure is a problem?
>>
Bad luck. Lack of father figure and being controlled by mother is way worse. Ofc if your dad is normal and not rapist pedo.
>>
The problem is the kind of men you're dating. Red flags that indicate you might be abusive, have a history of cheating, etc are reasonable concerns. But assumptions about you because you are close with your father? Prehistoric psudeo psychology.
>>
>>16805224
He was never abusive. We're actually very close, and personally think he did a good job with me.
>>
>>16805219
How old are you?

Their attitude is silly and immature. Most likely their concern is dad being very protective. He knows how guys think. Single moms were never young men, he was so he's more formidable.
>>
>>16805248
>>
>>16805248
girls are like "i'm a wimmen" at fucking 12

>>16805219
They don't want to have to be your dad, and maybe they're detecting something that says that's what you want. Check your signals and make sure you don't want to fuck your dad. Unless you want to fuck your dad. Then you'll figure something out.

Men have red flags for a reason, so it's not like they're seeing a mirage.
the wheels of steel are turnin
>>
>>16805219
It's the men you're dating because my buds and I wouldn't care about that. Perhaps, it's more understandable that they think oh you had no mother figure so that means you can't do motherly things like cook, clean, care, etc. However, that's not something most guys would think about. Lack of a father figure for men and women is a red flag. Try seeing other men because 3 isn't enough to make the conclusion you're making or maybe there are other factors we don't know about.
>>
>>16805315
It shouldn't take that many guys. 3 is a pattern. Once is an incident. Twice is coincidence. 3 is a pattern. she is not a man magnet.

and traffic lights are burnin
>>
>>16805323
>>16805323
That depends, OP how did you find out that they see it as a red flag? Did you try to dig that out of them or they all told you that at some point?
>>
>>16805241
It's possible then that you give off masculine vibes. What are your personality like?
>>
I'd say it's just bad luck, or you've just happened to date really weird guys. My dad completely raised me too, and I haven't seen this problem as much. One guy has said shit like I only want to date or fuck my father, but I'm pretty sure he was just trying to rationalize that our relationship not working out was completely my fault and not his.

What have these guys actually said to you about it? They couldn't have all just used that as a reason and ran away, right?
>>
>>16805219
First of all, a salute to your father for taking on that role and evidently doing a pretty good job with it.

I would say that if a guy thinks that's a red flag, he's waving a red flag of his own - one of assumptions, generalizations, prejudices, insecurities or just ignornace.
>>
>>16805272
Same guy here as >>16805248

It could be your socioeconomic group is immature. Most men won't care if you're a normal girl.

Look wider afield.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.