[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guy too tall to be "attractive"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: woman scared.jpg (184 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
woman scared.jpg
184 KB, 900x600
Bitter, jaded, drunk guy here.

Long story short, I'm a very tall guy. 6'7" and girls are really put off by it. There is a look of abject horror and terror that they get when they look at me. The only way I can approach women without them ignoring me straight away is by sitting down and talking to them before I stand up. When it comes to charisma with talking to people, I can to pretty damn well for first impressions, but when I approach people, I'm "creepy" and "intimidating". Some of my good female friends have said this and then once they get to know me I'm a "very nice guy".

So my question is, being unattractively tall, how should I approach women in club type scenarios or how can I improve my appearance besides chopping my knees off? I don't wear fedoras nor am I fat, in fact I'm quite thin.

Also, because I'm generous and kind and all that. I'll give a free video game of your choice (within reason) to the person with the best advice/the person that makes me less jaded in the next hour. I'll also answer any reasonable questions.

Pic related: The type of look them womens give.
>>
File: 1455196227667.jpg (127 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1455196227667.jpg
127 KB, 960x960
>>16804080
Fallout 4 steam name "Relentless Autism" my profile picture is the boss Doopliss from Paper Mario.

Give me some of your height so we can both be normal, thanks.
>>
Get buff grow your hair call yourself Hercules
Steam name Vivlaid just pick what's in your price range from my wish list
>>
>>16804080
They might just be intimidated.

Try dating taller girls, like 5'10 or 6'0 and above. They'd love it, since women generally despise the notion of dating a man shorter than them, even the tall ones.
>>
>>16804116
Still Vivlaid my point is maybe you're a tall lanky bastard take that height and become a devine womanizing Greek hero
You'll still be intimidating but in a manlier way and lotta girls dig manly.
This is the best advice
>>
Yeah it sucks but you are better off being a manlet. There are plenty of girls out there who will like you for being that tall but no girl likes a manlet.
>>
>>16804091
Nice "helping!"

>>16804116
>>16804127
Yep, but isn't part of it being who you actually are? Being some sort of ideal image of a guy isn't me. I'm not some guy that wants to go to the gym because it's 4:30 on a Thursday. Heck, I'm posting on /adv/ I'm clearly not the type of person who masturbates to cars and guns either.

That being said, getting toned isn't bad advice. Becoming more physically fit is always a good idea. I just get pissed at the standards that women hold. If it was obesity, I could well and truly understand, but something like height which you cannot change, pisses me off.

>>16804125
Aye, yet finding them is hard to come by. Even at a club, they seem generally disinterested or preoccupied. If I could find these girls, I don't think I'd have drunk myself into this state.

>>16804144
Yeah, I still get to take the piss out of my housemate for that.
>>
>>16804161
Yeah working out is a bitch I get lucky for being a tad below average height so I don't look that lanky and not manlet or midget, up to you
Good luck in your future conquests Hercules
>>
In my honest opinion, you seem like you are ashamed of being tall just because a few dozen girls gave you that look. You just have to own up to the fact that you are tall and just ignore the intimidating looks they give you. Especially since you are good with first impressions, just ask the girl in the club if she wants a drink or start off by talking to her with a funny joke or something. Intimidation only exists if you act intimidating and starting off a conversation with something funny might help. Idk just my 2 cents.

TL;DR dont be ashamed of being tall and make sure you give off a great first impression before they see your height. Good luck champ
>>
>>16804198
Being average is surprisingly useful, people just don't seem to understand that.

>>16804200
Eh, it's not just tonight. I usually walk stall with shoulders back etc because fuck you, I'm tall. The problem is that you can't ignore it. I've literally had someone pull over on the side of the road while I'm walking back from work to point out that I'm tall. In case I haven't already noticed in the past couple of decades I've been alive.

Drinks, I could see working, telling a joke in a club doesn't really work because you can't hear the other person.
>>
>>16804234
Drinks work, but by joke i guess i meant show the girl your personality before she gets in shock over your height. Maybe the club isnt the best place. Try local get togethers with similar interests... also eDating might work. Tinder can get you some hunnies real quick and if you charm them before they see you, youll be a winner
>>
What size shoe do you wear?
>>
Right so, the hour's has been and gone.

>>16804116
You've done a fine job at giving advice I can proactively take on from tomorrow.

>>16804248
You've given a nice 'varity' of options. If you want to leave a way I can give you a gift, then that's always cool.

If any other viewers have any advice, please leave it and I'll take a look when I wake up. Anything very useful or outstanding, I'll give you a gift as well if you leave a way to contact you. Likely this thread will be pruned by then though so if you don't leave a way for me to thank you, then you ain't getting jack.
>>
>>16804267
Size 13. And yes, shoe size is a good measurement of someone's... sock size.
>>
>>16804161
>toned

At 6'7", you'd be a god in /fit/.
>>
>>16804275
I bet your ankles loom good in ankle socks you slut
>>
My little fawn arent you pretty
>>
I knew a guy who was 6'8" and got laid on spring break trips by telling girls he was a tight end for Western Kentucky
>>
Damn size 13 is small as fuck foot for 6'7

Keep looking anon, there are girls that swoon for NBA dudes who are like 6'10 so you're not hopeless.
>>
>>16804287
I only show off the finest of ankles.

>>16804292
I go galloping in the meadows regularly like how spring gallops through the trees creating a blossoming romance between you and I.

>>16804293
>>16804294
Yeah, although I did used to play basketball, I'm a brit fag so unless its football, rugby or cricket there are no other sports in existence.
>>
>>16804080
I've got a friend who is 7 feet tall and swimming in pussy. Your height is not the issue.
>>
>>16804080
I love tall guys- I'm 5'7" so it might just not be as intimidating since I'm tall too.

Do you think you may be giving off a creepy vibe with your posture/gestures/face?
>>
Go for the girls that are also too tall to be "attractive"
>>
6'2" is the best height for a man. I'm only 5'9" ugh...
>>
I say drink up. Try again tomorrow. Smile more.
>>
im like 6' 3 but built like a toothpick
>>
>>16804634
It seems to be the case that the taller a guy is, his physique becomes more noticeable. Individuals of average height who are thin don't stand out as much.
>>
>>16804269
I dont need your gift. I could use some good karma in my life. Good luck
>>
>>16804080
>sitting down before I stand up
How do you pull that one off, OP?
>>
this shit doesnt matter

none of this shit matters

fuck this world to hell
>>
>>16804870
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8
>>
File: 1374630393803.jpg (106 KB, 607x519) Image search: [Google]
1374630393803.jpg
106 KB, 607x519
>>16804080
Saw off 4" and give them to me. I'm an (otherwise) very attractice 5'5.5" manlet. When you're this short and even half of the Asian girls on campus are taller than you, every half inch counts. FML.
>>
>>16804431
I never said it was the only issue. Just that it really doesn't help.

>>16804461
I'd agree that might be part of the problem. Tall guys develop certain postures to avoid being noticed on the street, and then it's the hard to completely change your stance without being conscious of it.

>>16804617
Aye, that I did.

>>16804695
Definitely, there was a week where every day someone would comment that I was tall. Ranging from and old lady asking me if I knew her grandson because he was also very tall, to the people doing all the really standard "Wow, you're tall. Do you play basketball?" comments.

>>16804840
Then I wish good karma for you.

>>16804859
Well, I tried standing up while I was standing up, but it didn't work to well. Alcohol gives you both very good and bad advice.

>>16804915
I wish I could.
>>
>>16804080
Put on some muscle. Your height is a gift.
>>
>>16804125
That's completely false. If anything, tall girls are more open to the idea of dating short guys. It's short girls who are drama queens about height. Tall girls don't care.
>>
>>16804080
Smaller at 6'5, and this still happens to me, from the female friends saying they found me intimidating at first to having drunk strangers scream at me on the street because they didn't notcie me walking behind them.

I've no idea how to solve the issue either, m8.
>>
what the fuck? where do you live m8?
i'm 6'5 and womans finds my height to be something really attractive
>>
OP, the problem isn't your height; it's the combination of your height and something else

Do you look like a neo nazi with short hair? I did and people looked spooked, try having long hair (take care of it) and just try to make your face more friendly
>>
Those are shallow people OP.

Good people will look into your actions not something stupid like your height.
>>
File: mako.png (2 MB, 1283x771) Image search: [Google]
mako.png
2 MB, 1283x771
I'm 6'7 too

>hate working out
>can't grow a beard
Only 2d girls would ever love me
>>
>>16805775
comment of the day
>>
File: IMG_20160214_224756.jpg (98 KB, 925x476) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160214_224756.jpg
98 KB, 925x476
Op delivered
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.