[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First Time Wreck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Ukelele002.png (780 KB, 1362x768) Image search: [Google]
Ukelele002.png
780 KB, 1362x768
I'm still kind of shaking, honestly. I've only been driving for a year and I'm a timid and cautious driver and still managed to fuck up

I was stuck behind a bus and the light was green and traffic was pretty tame. Everyone in the lane beside me was going and my blinker was on and I patiently waited for someone to let me over. All of the cars in the lane left of me were taking off except one that was sat there. I figured she was just letting me over, but I couldn't see any gestures because it was dark and so I made a slight acceleration to my left to let her know that I was making a move. I checked one last time to make sure she wasn't accelerating, so I started accelerating and tried to get into her lane. Next thing I know, my taillights blown off and I can't steer because somethings up with my tire.

It turns out she wasn't stopping for me, she was just distracted, noticed the light was green, and took off and noticed me a little too late. Her car has a bit of a dent in it, but mine can't be driven anymore. I'm going to call a tow truck pretty soon to go get it.

I got pictures of her insurance and card and she got mine, but I don't know what to do from here. I'm still in college and won't be able to afford any crazy bills or anything. I'm struggling to pay for classes and textbooks as it is, even with financial aide, but even then, there are still bills and I need food and now I'm out of transportation and there isn't a metro in my town.

I just need any advice I can get.
>>
>>16798741
Make sure she is determined to be at fault. Even though you could have not merged, the fact is in most if not all states, rear-ending is at the fault of the person DOING the rear-ending no matter what.
>>
>>16798791
All right, but other than that, what should I be doing? Im worried she'd press charges and I'm pretty much broke and I'm afraid of losing the money I've been saving for future classes

The insurance is in my dads name, he gave the car to me a while ago and I'm kind of embarrassed about telling him that it happened since I'm 19 and it's kind of expected of teens. I really didn't want to be apart of that whole statistic.
>>
>>16798741

When the insurance company calls, deny all liability. Remember. It's 100% her fault and 0% yours. You should have called the police, and made sure she was no blame.
Tell the insurance company she was speeding and not paying attention. Make it seem like you are completely innocent.

Again. Take NO blame.

I've been there before
>>
>>16798935
Thanks, I didn't think to call the police because it was late and I just got off work and was too tired to even be upset about it at the time. I just exchanged the information and caught a ride home. The gravity of the situation didn't even hit me until I realized that Im really dependent on the car and have almost nothing to my name.

I'll make sure to call or wait for theirs for now
>>
>>16798922
>Im worried she'd press charges
She should be worried YOU don't press charges. Remember, rear-ending is always the fault of the person doing the rear-ending.

Your car is dented in the back and hers in the front, so it's easy to prove who hit who.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.