[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you date a person with a genetic disorder? The resulting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: personified_genes.jpg (230 KB, 1024x974) Image search: [Google]
personified_genes.jpg
230 KB, 1024x974
Would you date a person with a genetic disorder?
The resulting offspring would be more to have health problems, but not necessarily.
How important do you value a potential outcome, if at all?

Any input would be appreciated, as I never really had to consider this before.
I find myself falling for a person, but wouldn't want to put (any) children through something like that. (chronic lymphocytic thyroiditis, if anyone's curious).
>>
>>16798673
Yeah I would date someone like that. Plus no kids mean riduclas amounts of money to spend on your relationship and you.
Or fuck if you really want screaming tea cup humans that bad just go adopt. There is a ton without parents at all and they would appreciate it.
>>
>>16798673
Nope
Weak genes dont deserve love
>>
>>16798721
/pol/ pls
>>
>>16798680
I would want children, so if I was to go about this it would be with that knowledge of increased risk.

>>16798760
I'm perfectly healthy, but i have family members with conditions, and seeing what it does to them, i wouldn't want to pass it on.

The problem seems to be 2fold.

1. Chronic lymphocytic thyroiditus seems to be tolerable as long as you take medicine, and as such isn't really any different from high blood pressure or etc... I think.

2. It's not a strict inheratibility, just that it seems more likely to have something go wrong. Owing back to the parents, mine were perfectly "healthy" yet still produced children who weren't, so it's a small fear of mine.
>>
>>16798673
It is not the first thing you tell someone on a casual date. But when things get serious it is only fair to say you don't want children and explain why.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.