[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can an Asian accent ever sound attractive/hot?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: pastel keyboard.jpg (152 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
pastel keyboard.jpg
152 KB, 500x300
Like an accent which sounds around 90% American tinted with some Asian.
>>
I'm sure someone, somewhere, will like it. The same can be said of any accent.
>>
>>16798319
Oh yeah. I love it. Much better than that nasal eastern braying or ghetto ranting.
>>
>>16798352
>I love it
this is bait
>>
Take a look at the original Metal Gear Solid. Many would argue that Mei Ling's accent is quite sexy. I can't say I get that myself, but opinions definitely run high.

Note that you need to use the PS1 version as your example. The Gamecube remake rerecorded people's voices, and her accent is gone: a fact that caused some controversy in the fanbase. Again, someyhing I didn't really get, but it's further evidence that opinions ran strong.
>>
Personally I find in very annoying unlike german or russian accent; these are acceptable

I wouldn't hate you for that but I wouldn't find it cute either
>>
Personally, it sounds annoying.
>>
It sounds better to me than a German accent. What I find really really cute is Asian people with broken English, though.

I remember playing with this Japanese guy on Minecraft and he used short expressions or just words to talk to me.

>where are we going?
>follow
>okay, do you have any torches?
>we get coal
>I left some in the chest
>we get more

Some people ran into us and he started trying to trade some iron.
>iron for food?
They just started attacking us and while I tried to knock them back and run, all he did was stay there and try chatting with them:
>stop
>friends
>stop
Until he died.

Fucking adorable people. I love them.
>>
Sure it can. Maybe upload a sample somewhere and let one of our trained adv/ experts listen to it.
>>
>>16798319
No.
>>
>>16798385
This, Mei Ling was the first time I found an Asian accent, but looking back on it, it was a bit thick and therefore subtly racist. I never heard the toned down Mei Ling, but yes, please save my game and bestow some Chinese wisdom upon me.

Mei Ling had a Cantonese accent, no Mandarin speaker will talk like that. I can't think of any male examples. I wish I could.
>>
>>16799512
Found attractive, stupid phone.
>>
>>16798319
I find Asian accents very attractive. So yes.
>>
While I hate how my spoken English sound (german), I do not sound like normal Germans do. In fact, I have been told that my accent sounds somewhat ... British, which is strange considering that I was actually going for an American accent.

That being said: for me, people always (!) told me that they really liked how I was speaking, saying that as long as you are understandable, it doesn't really matter how you speak, as long as it's not "standard" - I'd be "rolling in pussy" if I ever moved to the states.

Myself, I hate my accent - but what I hate even more are eastern accents. Poland, Russia, Lithuania - nuke them all, I HATE it if I have to deal with those people. They do not give a FUCK how they sound to other people, it's an entirely different language.

And I also hate far-east accents, mostly japanese ones. Where simple words like "future" sound like "fuue", or they pronounce "defy" as "defi". English is a retarded bitch for not pronouncing words as they are spoken (try to defend "mature" while using "nature" - retarded bitch), but sometimes it's like these guys just WANT to not get it right.

tl; dr: I hate accents, others love them.
>>
>>16798379
No, not bait. I've lived in many parts of Asia. Worst accents in the world are from Nw York, any US black ghetto (Detroit, Chicago) and northern England (just awful).
>>
>>16798319
Depends on the language. Japanese sounds nice.
>>
>>16798319
It is pretty dependent on where the accent comes from, but most of the time, they come off as extremely unappealing. This is because a lot of the major East Asian languages are syllabic, so accents from those regions tend to give their speech a much more forced, commanding tone. Not to mention they're much more nasal and not exactly glamorized over the past century. This doesn't apply as much to Asian women, though, since they've been dramatized to be coy/sex objects in Hollywood, which is why some people find Asian accents on females appealing.

Japanese is probably the least offending, if that helps.
>>
>>16799563
I'm from the NY area and I've heard people love the accent. No one has ever told me third, but they have been interested in the way I tawk.>>16799605
>This is because a lot of the major East Asian languages are syllabic, so accents from those regions tend to give their speech a much more forced, commanding tone. Not to mention they're much more nasal and not exactly glamorized over the past century. This doesn't apply as much to Asian women, though, since they've been dramatized to be coy/sex objects in Hollywood, which is why some people find Asian accents on females appealing
You hit the nail on the head, anon.
>>
I don't really get aroused by accidents.
>>
>>16798319
Not chinese.
Tonal languages sound like shit.
>>
>>16799896
Mei Ling is Chinese.
>>
File: AtsukoTanaka.jpg (32 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
AtsukoTanaka.jpg
32 KB, 225x350
>>16798319

With seiyuu's like Atsuko Tanaka....yes.
>>
>>16799551
>English is a retarded bitch for not pronouncing words as they are spoken
... excuse me?

Anyway, there's pretty solidly understood historical reasons for the irregularities in English spelling. I'm not going to claim that our orthography is at all intuitive, though.

>This is because a lot of the major East Asian languages are syllabic
I'm sorry, but this is meaningless.
>>
Women: yes if you're slim but not a pain in the ass.

Men: yes if you're strong but not an asshole.
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 1200x791) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 1200x791
>>16798319
https://youtu.be/uPaxyTWqKwM

Proper grammar helps.
>>
>>16798319
If you're a girl yea
>>
Why are Asian people so self conscious
>>
>>16798319
The accent is okay as long as they don't use hacky grammar or clipped sentences.
>>
I think Japanese male accents are cute. Korean can be too, depending on how severe it is.

Chinese accents, however, sound awful.
>>
It really depends on the person. Even bad accents can be made attractive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0H8Bl1BqcM
>>
>>16800937
Because asshole white people made them that way!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.