[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
coffee tolerance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: coffee.gif (946 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
coffee.gif
946 KB, 500x281
I've been drinking a 16 oz coffee almost every day for a while now, and I think I'm developing a tolerance. I had my daily a few hours ago and I'm already tired, and I have a bunch of work to do tonight (this is my break). I also recently went back on my SSRI, but only on a very low dose. I don't want to drink more for my health and the whiteness of my teeth. Should I give it up for a while and then go back? Should I upgrade to something more caffeinated?
>>
>>16796900
Why did you ask this? wtf was the point, either drink more or don't. If you think you want to get the high back then drink more, and if you don't want to drink more then don't drink more... It isn't like caffeine is a real drug. Start doing coke, or something you pansy.
>>
>>16796937

>Why did you ask this? wtf was the point

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, don't get me wrong, people posting questions on /adv/ keeps the board going, but Jesus, some of the shit people come here for advice on... how do you even choose which socks to wear in the morning?
>>
>>16796954
>>16796937
I don't know anything about brain chemistry or coffee. Suck my dick.

>If you think you want to get the high back then drink more
That'll lower my tolerance even more.
>>
>>16796900
>Cofeine
>Cocaine
>Meth
If coffee is too weak you should switch to cocaine and then meth
>>
>>16796966
Just imagine, mang, if you stop drinking it all together you'll have all the tolerances one could possibly possess... Drink more or don't; or drink the same amount. It doesn't matter. It's just fucking coffee.
>>
>>16796986
I guess what I'm asking is whether not drinking it on the weekends, or for a single week, will have any discernible effect or not. There has to be some way I can swing it to get the most benefit out of it.
>>
>>16796993
The only real advice about caffeine out there is to only drink it in the morning. If you are feeling tired throughout the day it isn't because you aren't maximizing your caffeine intake. It is because you aren't sleeping enough, or properly. Caffeine makes it harder to fall asleep and reduces the quality of sleep for 8 to twelve hours after intake.
>>
Old-school recovering addict here.

Congrats, you're dependent on a substance. Know how shitty it feels when you're not drinking caffeine? Now multiply that by one million, and you know what opiate and amphetamine addicts have gone through.

If you want to cut out the coffee, cold turkey is the best way. It always is. Cutting back is hard and always prolongs withdrawals.
>>
>>16797022
>Look at me!

I'm not trying to quit
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.