[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some methods of thinking, practices and general advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: marcus.jpg (260 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
marcus.jpg
260 KB, 1680x1050
What are some methods of thinking, practices and general advice for not being an emotional little bitch? Anyone have any stories, tidbits, etc?

Anything
>breakups
>getting fired
>insecurities
>>
File: Vatsoc.jpg (2 MB, 1197x1733) Image search: [Google]
Vatsoc.jpg
2 MB, 1197x1733
Constantly going over stuff in your mind just burns in those pathways.

Do things to distract yourself.
>>
>>16796693
I like reading the stoics and Buddhist material regarding mental practices and handling emotions.

Start there.

Unless you want advice on a specific situation.
>>
being a little bitch is this: weakness. Whatever it is you're bitching about, you're doing so out of avoidance with the fact that you're too weak to handle it, whatever it is, and so you're trying to make yourself feel better/make excuses/etc.

Either you stop being weak, or you stop being a bitch about it, meaning, accept that you're weak, don't hide from it, and quietly fix your own goddamn problems.
>>
>>16796709
I guess, getting over the fact that my ex gf isn't MINE anymore. I'm in that mindset where she was THE one and it's very difficult to see any other girls as possible candidates even though i've seen 3 other girls since. Feel like i'm "not complete" with out her and I associate millions of things that I love doing with my ex. Even some amazing advice I associate with her like "living for yourself, loving yourself, finding yourself" I associate that with her because she told me that.
>>
>>16796725
>>16796701
>>16796709
I agree with all of these.
>>
>>16796693
Just remind yourself that our universe is deterministic. You cant change shit, its an illusion.
>>
>>16796693
I've managed to move past deaths in my family, deaths of my friends, break ups, and disappointment without feeling much of anything but I'm pretty sure that's just blunted affect. Wish I could give you some behavioral tips OP, but for me it was just having to deal with my own mortality at a very early age.
>>
>>16796726

Take her advice bro. Good advice transcends your relationship with her.

Appreciate the memories you had. Forgive if there's anything to forgive.

Do not entrust your happiness onto a single thing, especially when that thing is as volatile as is impermanent.

Yah, it's impossible to "love" without attachment, we regard it so highly and give it this pedestal, but love is nothing at the face of death.
>>
>>16796726
You face a choice. You can try and get her back if you think she's worth it, and if you think it's possible. Even if she's with someone you could still try and impress her, but at the potential expense of your pride / social standing / health, if that guy decides to punch you in the face or something.

Or you choose to move on and forget about that bitch.

As adults, these are the choices we are forced to make any we must live with the consequences to the best of our abilities. That is what your parents have done, and their parents before them. It's just the way life is.

Choose an action and go for it.
>>
>>16796768
*and, not any
>>
>>16796768
>>16796763
thanks guys. I got over the suicide of my best bud/roomate. I can get over this definitely, (it's oddly taking just as long tho)
>>
>>16796782
That fucking sucks man. Sorry to hear it.

As for general tips like you were asking for. I would say spend time with the family and friends that you do still have. In my opinion the most enjoyable thing in life is spending time with other people that you are close to. It's what makes me always feel better about life anyway.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.