[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to teach yourself amateur gymnastics without equipment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 699x1144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 699x1144
Is it possible to teach yourself amateur gymnastics without equipment?
Specifically tumbling (flips and summer salts and that fun stuff)
If so, how?

Or is this the most stupid question you've ever read and do I deserve a snapped neck just for asking?
>>
>>16795653

that'd be like someone who has never played an instrument in their entire life learning how to violin from scratch

very hard but entirely possible

expect to spend years on very basic things
>>
>>16795653
Google resources for it and I expect you'd be surprised.
Biggest thing you don't have is enough experience to do it safely. That'd be your biggest barrier, if any.
>>
>>16795663
I guess I may as well join a gymnastics club, my primary issue is always travel. No actual clubs for miles.

I'd just love to be skilled in back flips and the like.
>>
>>16795672
I'll definitely look for some resources, as for safety it surely isn't stupidily dangerous if I limit myself to basic movements and use soft ground?
What risks may I put myself in?
>>
>>16795653
I learned handsprings front and back, no handed cartwheel, backflip, frontflip, wall flip, butterfly twist and combos all in my backyard on grass. It's possible. I later went to a gymnastics class and learned the rotating flips.
>>
>>16795713
That's amazing. How did you do it?
>>
>>16795699
I guess you're right. Build up over time and take it slow. Don't start trying to flip out like a ninja until you're sure you won't land on your head.

Again, there's probably a youtube channel or a forum or something somewhere dedicated to this, so get looking.
>>
File: hawha.png (678 KB, 625x468) Image search: [Google]
hawha.png
678 KB, 625x468
Jesus christ I had to check that pic wasn't my gf
>>
>>16795811
Lucky
>>
The simple stuff is not that hard, it's just a lot of practice and a lot of falling. I'm certain there are videos and books about it that you can use to teach yourself.

Of course the best method is to get a teacher.
>>
Search Jeff Tucker, StrengthProject, Building the Gymnastic Body, David Durante, buy rings and find low tree limbs or bars and go play. Good luck.
>>
>>16795653
>summer salts
>>
>>16795653

Somebody figured it out first without someone teaching them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.