[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: F1.large.jpg (119 KB, 1800x1632) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
119 KB, 1800x1632
So, I love learning about science attending science conferences as a listener, talking to scientists, reading science books, watching coursera etc
to find out what field interests me the most
But I still am not motivated enough to study at my college, which actually does some science and is pretty difficult
I want to do sciency stuff in the future, particularly in biotechnology/biophysics, but procrastination ensues.
Should I stop reading science news and just do the work, as I am a dumb freshman?
Pic unrelated
>>
File: Science - Love.png (63 KB, 720x585) Image search: [Google]
Science - Love.png
63 KB, 720x585
Here you go OP
>>
Maybe science isn't for you - if you're not enthused by the study, you'll find the career equally trying, but if you procrastinate on a job you get fired. Think about left-field areas you might enjoy working in, with rewarding activities and strong employment prospects, such as carpentry.
>>
File: 1398704395460.jpg (201 KB, 502x514) Image search: [Google]
1398704395460.jpg
201 KB, 502x514
>>16795678
Seriously this. I fucking hate people who "love" science. I love the scientific method and everything it's produced.
>>
>>16795701
I love the dank memes that computers make

Thank you based science you are truly a friend
>>
>>16795678
That comic has always been too true
>>16795691
I am not completely unmotivated, more disorganised and getting those "fuck it all, I want to be a NEET" from time to time and fail everyhting. When I switch to the right mood, I can study ok.
How to deal with that
>>
>>16795706
>>16795722
>>16795701
>>16795691
>>16795678
>>16795652

Fucking faggots that go around saying ''science this'', ''science that'' trigger me the most.

What fucking Science are you guys referring to, dumb pieces of shit.
>>
>>16795727
Science in general, ie anything using the scientific method to expand knowledge.
>>
>>16795733

*cringe*
>>
>>16795727
the sciense of trolling
>>
>>16795739
So, do you just accept things on blind faith or...?
>>
Okay, so I wanted the topic to be more general and so wrote just "science", I meant mostly environmental disciplines like physics, chemistry, biology.
The term "science" in English must cover more than any of these or whatever can be found with scientific method
>>
>>16795652

If you're not willing to study it seriously or at least seriously try, then just stop. There is a fine line between being interested in the sciences as a hobby and actually being a scientist that knows what he/she is on about.

You're a freshman in college. If you love science, and have a passion for it, then go for it. Yes it's hard, but science is not meant to be exactly a walk in the park. If you put enough effort into it, visit your professor during office hours, and hell, even get a tutor if you're really struggling then you might be able to do it.

But the problem that I can observe here is your work ethic/motivation. I think that whatever you study you'll be lazy and just slack off. You need to fix this problem before you start studying anything seriously. Sometimes an unbelievable amount of effort from an average person can override someone who is naturally talented in a certain field but lazy as fuck. By the way I'm drunk right now so I have no idea if anything I am saying is making any sense but please follow your passion and don't be a lazy fuck.
>>
>>16795755

ebin bro

are you sure you are in college? Or just another memey highschool kid coming here for approval?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.