[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dwelling on the past, how do you cope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
Hi /adv/ I was wondering if you could help me.

I have an issue that I've been suffering with for a long time.

The problem I have is that I think too much about mistakes I have made in the past.

If I make a mistake, I will zone in on it and dwell on it. Thinking of how I went wrong in this way and that way.

I will try and resolve and undo anything I feel I have done wrong but I will never feel 'complete' so to speak. At least not for a long time.

Sometimes there are things that can't be undone, and they sting the most.

The things I dwell on aren't something specific which I can't get over. I can generally combat the larger things in life as I feel there is more to learn.

Really it's the little things that everyone goes through on a daily basis that I struggle with.

Losing money, forgetting something, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, making a bad impression, things like that tend to build up.

I will say though my main concern is money. A struggle we all have sometimes, I understand that.

The problem I personally have is that if I go and lose some money for whatever reason it will pain me mentally.

I sometimes feel like money is the only thing holding me back in life (and the reality is, it may be)

How do you guys cope with these feelings?
>>
This is a sign that you may have anxiety. I know it's cliche, but talk to a therapist or doctor.
>>
>>16795369
Already did that for 2 years. Mostly for depression.

Over my anxiety now as well as large parts of depression.

My anxiety only really ties in to certain social situations and what I just listed.

I'd say I have dealt with the majority of my issues.

Plus, at my age they will only give me support if I'm suicidal. Which I'm not.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.