[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was I CRINGE-WORTHY or what? Thoughts? Basically me and my ex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lqettqsmYi1qkk580.gif (498 KB, 400x192) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqettqsmYi1qkk580.gif
498 KB, 400x192
Was I CRINGE-WORTHY or what? Thoughts?
Basically me and my ex sort-of had a break up 2 weeks ago, due to arguments and bad feels. Nothing like cheating or whatever. Said he might call me, and I thought he would from previous experience but this time nada. Nothing. I wasn't sure if we were done or not. Well, yesterday I ended up seeing him at a bar we would go to a lot. I did not intend on meeting him (it was a city festival sort of thing), and was embarrassed if we saw each other he would think I was a stalker. Well, my friends kept saying he was looking at me and I ended up making eye contact... I took him aside and said let's talk. He was angry and said he didn't want his night ruined, and said if I want to talk to him I should text him on his days off fri or sat. He said if we're going to date again, i'll need a "attitude change". Drunkeness continues and I stayed after hours because i was too drunk to drive but couldn't get an Uber, thought maybe we'd go to his house, but he told me to get an uber home and someone else did....
I woke up today feeling cringy. I usually feel anxious when I wake up especially after eating or drinking too much the night before, but I thought "fuck his friends must have thought i was a desperate stalker" AND I'm not sure if he'll really hit me up.
What should I do? Does it sound that bad? Should I leave it up to him to message me, or wait and text him like he's expecting me to?
>>
one thing he said that made me feel positive was he said "you're a beautiful girl you can get any of the guys here so why me" but then... I realized that's the same as the whole "you're a really great guy any girl would be happy to have you"

... kek
>>
Expecting to go home with him was cringe-worthy, but also sort of understandable drunken behavior,
Sounds like it's over though. Move on. Or elaborate on the "attitude change" he expects.
>>
>offers possible relationship renewal in exchange for you to stop being a cunt
>tells you that you should message him when he has a day off this weekend

What's the problem? You probably definitely came off as desperate staying after and asking to go to his house if that's what you're asking.
>>
>>16793714
My heart dropped reading that... Well, I don't remember if I asked to come over exactly, but it was clear I was bothering him.
>sounds like it's over though
fuck, really?
>>
>>16793715
Well if I came off as too needy, you guys could give me insight and let me know if that probably killed the deal (I was hoping you'd all let me know I wasn't that bad ;_ ;) AND if you think judging on the explanation that he will actually respond to me on friday or sat, or if he was just bullshitting and trying to get rid of me
>>
>>16793734
^^^^ someone help ;_ ;
>>
>>16793748
OP no one was there. It seems that whatever the argument was and bad feelings he has for you aren't something that will simply go away though. I'm not sure what your attitude is, but at some point people usually feel that they've had enough: the bad outweighs the good so much that he just wants to move on.

That you saw him while out is no big deal. I wouldn't think you were a stalker, but if I were out with my friends I also wouldn't want to "talk" -- or realistically, have a fight with an ex. You attaching yourself to his group and getting too drunk to take care of yourself and wanting to go home with him isn't a very attractive thing.

He's opened the possibility of communicating, so do that. Send him a text, and if he's willing to talk, ask to meet him somewhere that you can talk.

This particular event you wrote about isn't really a big deal. What's a big deal is the underlying problems that the two of you have. I assume that you would like to get back together with him, and it sounds like he's actually open to the idea, so think about that. Consider what you argue about and how you actually argue with him. It may be that you just aren't right for each other, but it may also be that the two of you (especially you, since you can control yourself) need to change how you argue so that it isn't so destructive to your relationship. Or you need to consider if what you're arguing about is even worthwhile or if it's just causing needless strife.
>>
>>16793795
Thank you anon this is the response I needed. Means a lot, anon. It really does.
You explained everything very well and thoroughly...
You have a good night ok?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.