[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (444 KB, 1024x1819) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
444 KB, 1024x1819
Not even 9 minutes into my 21st birthday and I am already ready to kill myself pretty much, I feel useless half the days and my girlfriend is neglectful of me so that doesn't help at all. I barely sleep anymore. I feel like a failure even though I have a degree, I don't know what's wrong with me, I just want to be happy. Yet at the same time I don't, it feels normal being this low, happiness seems like an outside thing, something that just doesn't belong in me.
>>
Have you considered getting mental health treatment? As I said to someone else on the first page of /adv/, it doesn't have to stay this way, and it won't.

Also, drinking while depressed usually isn't a great idea, so I wouldn't if I were you.

Get help and get better, please. Killing yourself is a waste.
>>
talk with your gf about your depression. if she doesn't help then break up with her
>>
>>16793501
No, they'll take my guns, they are the only thing that I have control over anymore, I choose peaceful options above all else. I just need that sense of control, it's the only thing that keeps me going.
>>
My 21st is coming up soon to bro, Prepared to feel the same thing. Watch some Rick and Morty, that always cheers me up. Enjoyment in life is made up of little things like that.
>>
>>16793514
I'm pretty sure they won't take your guns unless you're sectioned.

Even if they do, would you seriously rather be dead or unhappy than gunless? Those are some fucked up priorities you've got.
>>
>>16793523
I want to remain free and unlabeled I need this
>>
>>16793526
There's nothing wrong with being mentally ill, but damn, now that you are you have to do something about it.

Letting it languish is just going to hurt you.

Also, in most states, you can still keep your guns if you're mentally ill. Check it: http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-and-criminal-justice/possession-of-a-firearm-by-the-mentally-ill.aspx
>>
>>16793523
I can't live labeled as a basket case, I can't do that, I don't want to live with a fucking label of a defective person, someone who is too broke to deal with life, I can't do that, I don't want to do that. I don't want to die. I don't want to be put through shit like this everyday anymore. I don't want to wake up anymore to worrying what the hell im gonna encounter from anyone. I just want to be free, I don't want somebody filling me full of meds and telling me that's all it takes.
>>
>>16793487
>>16793487
I always feel like that on my birthday

but I always feel fine the next day
don't even tell people when my birthday is
>>
>>16793542
The tripfag is giving you good advice retard. Go seek help. It goes as far as you take it, talking to someone and learning techniques to deal with depression (these exist) does not equal getting rubber stamped into an asylum or filled up with meds.
>>
>>16793550
>>16793515
Actual helpfulness
>>
>>16793542
...that isn't what mental illness is. It doesn't mean you're broken, it means you're ill.

Do you think of heart patients as people who are defective? No. Because they're not defective, they're merely ill.
>>
>>16793555
checked

I just feel a lot of pressure on the day to deal with people I don't want to, and I always seem to get stuck in the "taking stock of life" thing.

pretending to be grateful for presents you didn't want, or feeling bad about the presents you didn't get

it's just not a celebration for everyone
>>
>>16793583
I don't care about presents mate I just want my head to flat of worry and doubt
>>
>>16793609
you and most of the rest of the world haha
what's on your mind?
>>
>>16793609
You know what really helps with that? Mental health treatment!
>>
>>16793619
I just have been low recently, for Christ sake I just want to be out of sight, I want my damn gf to acknowledge me, I can't even bring myself to leave her I'm that low, I can't deal with the fallout of it, or worse. I just can't walk much farther anymore, I'm tired I guess mentally, exhausted.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
Remember, Barney loves you.
>>
>>16793632
Fuck off tripfag, instead of sending someone off to the fucking doctors, try talking to them first, maybe that's what they need, is some anonymous conversation to get off the chest.
>>
>>16793643
Clearly talking about their problems to strangers on the internet will make them go away.
>>
>>16793638
do you feel better after some time alone, or do you just get into a slump?
and what's the deal with your GF?

either way you have to pick yourself up, nobody is going to pull you into shape but you
>>
OP I want to help you out. No one should feel the pain that you are feeling now and there's no reason to have to go through this. Let me help you out OP.

Is there anyway we can talk by voice somehow? Skype or something?
>>
>>16793649
She just starts to ignore me randomly, sometimes for days. I get told how shitty I am on a daily basis, by sometimes people I don't even know. sometimes the loneliness helps, I know I'm the only one with the power to pull myself up.
>>
>>16793657
Thanks but I just want anonymity, please.
>>
>>16793657
I'm not going to kill myself, the thoughts are there but I won't rationalize them. I just want to balance myself
>>
>>16793665
I understand, that's why you came here after all. Here's my steam for if you change your mind http://steamcommunity.com/id/hellz0wn

I'd be more then happy to listen to what you've got to say on a more personal level and be in your support. Just remember that I'm here to help you and show you the right way. I'm not here to make you feel bad about anything and I will not down talk anything you've got to say. I'm here in your support to help you out.
>>
>>16793659
>Remember, Barney loves you.
I just clicked reply and that appeared from my clipboard...not really sure why, but I'm leaving it there

don't take girls being inconstant too much to heart, that is like 30% of their biz

if people.you don't know tell you that you are shit, why would you care?
live your own life man
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.