[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start off this thread by saying, I am deeply in love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: kateuptonselfie.jpg (73 KB, 594x594) Image search: [Google]
kateuptonselfie.jpg
73 KB, 594x594
I want to start off this thread by saying, I am deeply in love with my girlfriend, and I'm not afraid to say that at all. So obviously this question is just odd for me to ask.

This is my first ever relationship and I've said all this stuff to my girlfriend. I'll be with her forever, we're destined to be together, we're never going to leave. She feels the same way, she's been in two prior relationships. All these are things I hope are true.

But for the sake of harmless curiosity, I'm wondering... are these things all couples say? Does everyone feel this way? Obviously not all couples work out. When a couple feels this way, but breaks up, what does it feel like?

Again, I'm in love with my girlfriend. I don't want to ever break up with her, thinking of doing so and breaking her heart hurts me. But I'm wondering, is all the things we're saying really concrete like we think they are? Do couples who say this stuff break up? Why?

Thanks for answering. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
feelings by their very nature change
>>
It's your first relationship, so your earnest, idealist and naive.talk is almost cute.

Very very few people stay with the person from their first relationship. I bet you haven't even been with this girl for a year. I bet you haven't even gotten through the honeymoon period.
>>
>>16789755
First relationships yes, later in life not so much unless you mean it or intend it
>>
>>16789755
>But for the sake of harmless curiosity, I'm wondering... are these things all couples say?

Yes

>Does everyone feel this way?

Usually, especially first lives.

> Obviously not all couples work out.

Statistically they don't.

> When a couple feels this way, but breaks up, what does it feel like?

The same as the break up of any intense relationship except I think a first break up is worse because there isn't anything to compare it too.
>>
>>16789800
While it's true that plenty of people don't stick with their first partner, I know of a few that did and have been happy together for 15+ years. It's rare but it happens, so don't be discouraged OP.
>>
you say that because that's what you feel. it's fine that you feel that way, but just know that with enough stress/bullshit, your feelings might change
>>
>>16789755
Yeah, everyone does.
First time you fall in love you're all "we're going to be together forever, we're soulmates, etc".
Most couples break up. It hurts like hell if it is one sided, it makes you angry if it's for cheating, it hurts less if it is mutual but it still makes you feel like shit.
Then you grow up, love again, and become less idealistic and more practical.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.