[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, 2:30 PM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
>what music do you like anon?
>oh you know
>i-italo disco
>What? What's that?
>i-i-its like the p-precursor to eurobeat
>euros? Isn't that racist?
>n-no
>i l-like noise rock too
>Riiight anon... I have to go...

Why are girls so FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE
WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO DO
JUST BEING MYSELF DOES NOT WORK
>>
>>16789197
she's getting railed by the buffest nigger on your bball team while listening to Drake
>>
stop having obscure tastes that are shit?
>>
>>16789197

>italo disco
>noise rock

nigga...
>>
>>16789205
This. Try to find something you can enjoy that most people will recognize. You don't have to like pop music, but if you can at least say
>"I like EDM"
That's fucking good enough.

Also, learn to be self-aware that your tastes are weird, and not suited for most audiences. It's not what you like/don't like that turns people off, it's your lack of awareness. You expect them to know what these genres are. Just tell them you have weird tastes in music, and move on to something you think you have in common with them. Stop being a sperg.
>>
Why do autists always blame other people for their ineptitude?
>>
>>16789223
>lying for acceptance

Stay beta
>>
>>16789205
This

Seriously, just name a band and then ask what she's into. Assuming you're some /mu/fag who overblows the value of music opinion though, you're helpless. You will never find a sane girl who is into shitty obscure music. Only shitty pop music.

And frankly, if I knew someone in person who even used those kinda labelling terms for music, I'd find that pretty fucking annoying. Everyone from /mu/ always seems to be eager as fuck to put things into certain boxes, which is why that board and those kinds of people are so shit.
>>
>>16789228
Milennials can't deal with it.
>>
>>16789230
>he doesn't understand musical genres

Stick to Drake and Katy Perry you moron
>>
>>16789197

"I like really weird like electronic shit, I could show you"

>the current year
>not knowing how to be a hipster in a socially acceptable way
>>
>>16789236
fuck off nigger
>>
>>16789230
>STOP PUTTING IT INTO A BOX
nigger its just a term so we can talk about it and find similar music
>>
>>16789233
hello /pol/

if you aren't a millennial then you failed at life if you're still on a website for us by us
>>
>>16789229
>implying I said to lie
Read my post again, you illiterate nigger. I told him to find something he enjoys that most people can recognize. He says he likes eurobeat, so why not branch out into other genres of electronic music? This is why you never listen to tripfags.
>>
>>16789243
don't you have some cock to suck you retard
>>
>>16789252
because eurobeat isn't EDM you actual retard
>>
>>16789254
Nice retort, typical ad hominem

go back to /pol/ and jerk off to traps you stupid racist
>>
>>16789197
it infuriates me when guys like you act like betas. it's almost like you don't want to fuck these girls.

be simple with your answers faggot or be prepared to explain what you mean in an interesting way. hhnngghh
>>
>>16789260
Which is why I didn't call it EDM. I called it electronic music. There is a difference. Once again, learn to read you illiterate faggot.
>>
>>16789260
Lol I just listened to eurobeat shit........oh god anon, why would you let anyone know you like that shit? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the cringe is too strong
>>
>>16789197
You like what you like man. If a person stops talking to you for your personal taste in something because they think it's "weird" then they're not worth it.
>>
>>16789273
Why would he say he likes EDM when he said he likes eurobeat?
>>
>>16789280
Because he can expand hist tastes into other genres of electronic music, which includes EDM. Are you fucking 14 or something?
>>
Jesus Christ. You could have explained what the fuck you're talking about and actually started a conversation and perhaps got her interested in the music you like to listen to. That's how normal conversations work. It's not her fault you're a social retard
>>
>>16789287
So you're telling him to say "I like EDM " when he doesn't

How is that not lying?
>>
>>16789278
shit taste
>>
>>16789296
I told him to find music that he can enjoy that people will recognize, EDM being an example of what he might enjoy that almost everyone knows what it is. You are a massive fucking retard.
>>
>>16789310
But you told him to say "I like EDM"
>>
>>16789267
Now this is the good type of trolling. Notice the hypocritical humour angle.
>>
File: 1372448950454.png (180 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1372448950454.png
180 KB, 625x626
>>16789314
Have I been taking the b8 this entire time?
>>
>>16789329
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E781QE7ZQK8

>>16789318
Shalom!
>>
>>16789334
boom
>>
>people here unironically have never listened to take a chance by Mr Flagio

what is the world coming to
>>
>>16789278
It's fun.
>>
File: 1384450717233.png (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1384450717233.png
77 KB, 500x500
>>16789197
Imagine you asked an average-looking girl what she was into and she told you:

>nanosyntax
>what's that?
>w-well it's a somewhat new approach to syntax in which departs from the idea that syntax projects from the lexicon but rather establishes that terminal nodes can exist at a submorphemic level

What will you answer to that?
It's not that you hate her for these interests of hers, but rather that you have no idea what the fuck she is talking about, hence you have no way of contributing to the conversation.

Nobody will like you any less for liking italo disco or whatever, anon. But you have to explain these things to people who are not familiar with them, otherwise you might as well be speaking a foreign language.
>>
>>16789197
Stop liking things you like, and like things other people like.
>>
>>16790746
Italo disco = Italian dico
Noise rock = noisey rock
The things OP did wrong was not ask her what music she liked back and he explain the genre slightly shitilly. If I ask someone's opinion on music, film or literature, I'd be happy to hear an interesting opinion because it means they're probably an interesting person.
>>
File: autists 101.jpg (83 KB, 807x720) Image search: [Google]
autists 101.jpg
83 KB, 807x720
>>16790955
>>
>>16790746
what a broken analogy
>>
>>16791204
It's almost completely 1:1 except for the fact that it talks about a scientific subject rather than a hobby.
>>
>>16789197
Just say you like electro or techno. I could say I like trance, but most normies don't really know what that is.
>>
>>16789223
>Just tell them you have weird tastes in music, and move on to something you think you have in common with them.
this, or try to relate it to more popular music or things that everybody is familiar with. "it sounds like (popular band) but gloomier/stranger/more electronic" or "it has a strong beat like (well-known genre) but the subject matter is more like (another well-known genre)." hell I once described a band as "imagine if nin and anne rice wrote a cyndi lauper album."

granted it's not always possible to come up with apt descriptions, so you may have to settle for "I listen to weird stuff" and risk sounding like a hipster. but during boring times at work, I would imagine conversations and how I'd describe odd music or stuff other stuff that I like if it came up. yeah it's autistic but it actually helped.
>>
Stop hitting on uninteresting girls then?
>>
>>16791207
nope, maybe you should have majored in Analogies
>>
>>16791247
>HURR ITS THE GUYS FAULT WHAT A CREEP
>>
>>16791437
women are mean
>>
File: numale.png (79 KB, 371x230) Image search: [Google]
numale.png
79 KB, 371x230
>>16792005
THIS
I LOOK EXACTLY LIKE PIC RELATED
WHY DO GIRLS HATE ME
>>
File: 1UfAON4h.jpg (136 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1UfAON4h.jpg
136 KB, 1024x683
SPEED SPEED LOVER

GAME'S NOT OVER
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlnoa67MUJU

Git the minted tunes oot lads
>>
File: 1429473242679.png (1 MB, 499x1640) Image search: [Google]
1429473242679.png
1 MB, 499x1640
>>16789278
Absolute pleb spotted.

Stick to reddit, kiddo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWlJcJT8xOc
>>
OP ARE YOU MY CLONE? I didn't think anyone else listened to italo..
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4DDRVR0Xws

Who /DigitalEmotion/ here
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.