[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you tell if you're genuinely hungry or just bored?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1
File: licking.jpg (53 KB, 540x477) Image search: [Google]
licking.jpg
53 KB, 540x477
How do you tell if you're genuinely hungry or just bored?

It's like I could literally just eat constantly and fucking never feel satisfied or even full. It's infuriating and driving my family insane too.
>>
Try staying busy. Carpentry and woodworking is a good way to stay productive, and you'll feel satisfied having built something with your own hands rather than just eat the boredom away.
>>
Try not being a fat americunt. Also, carpentry is a time honored hobby you could take up to take your mind off of Doritos.
>>
>>16787322
There is no space for carpentry or woodworking in the house and it's winter on the outside.

Besides, I'm already in bed.
>>
Real hunger starts when your body begins to break itself down. That takes a couple to a few days depending on body type. Hunger pangs have more to do with your normal schedule than anything else. Try fasting for a few days.
>>
>>16787334

Build your own garage! Carpentry has limitless potential!
>>
>>16787328
I'm in Eastern Europe and around 130 pounds.
>>
>>16787341
god damn son go ahead and eat
>>
>>16787310
Eat 6 small meals a day. Try to eat at the same time everyday. Before each meal drink an 8 oz cup of water. Try to eat healthy stuff with something filling like brown rice, oats, or potatoes, chicken, etc.

Since I eat bigger meals, like a turkey sandwich with a side of grapes and carrots, I'll do this:
Drink a cup of water, eat half of my sandwich & sides, and drink another glass of water after. If I'm still hungry I'll eat the rest of my food.

If you find yourself still hungry between your meals you can snack on healthy stuff like celery, carrots, blueberries. Or you can drink a glass of water or milk. Or you can try chewing on gum or sucking on a button to keep your saliva going and your mouth busy.
>>
>>16787667
How do I keep that from costing a fortune?

Today I've eaten a bowl of porridge, two bowls of noodles, a thick cheese sandwich, a pastry and an ice cream while out with my sister, an entire box of sliced ham, boiled eggs, pea soup, talkkuna, literally goddamn everything in the house. And I'm still hungry.
>>
>>16787682
Jesus fucking christ if you want to lose weight just fucking eat less
>>
>>16787310
sounds like a hormonal problem
>>
>>16787733
I don't want to lose weight. I'm at my ideal weight and it wouldn't be for the better even if I could get myself to stop eating.

>>16787737
Like what?
>>
>>16787743
>Like what?
related to ghrelin and lepton perhaps
I'm just guessing it might be something else.
>>
>>16787746
allow me to google those words first
>>
>>16787746
leptin*
>>
>>16787751
yeah I got really confused because apparently lepton is some physics thing and gherlin is a city somewhere ass middle of nowhere.
>>
>>16787755
kek'd :^^ D
>>
Appetite is when you crave food psychologically.

Hunger is when you need food physically.

You can tell if it's hunger if your stomach is hurting and gurgling.
>>
>>16787760
well I'd just be happy if my brain stopped screaming about food for like 3 minutes.

The urge to eat just won't stop, at all, ever.
>>
>>16787776
Yeah then I think you have something wrong that's giving you hyper-appetitie. Like with your ghrelin and leptin levels as the other anon said. Maybe see a doctor about it.
>>
>>16787397
This.
>>
>>16787781
shit man can this kill me?
>>
>>16787808
I doubt it
>>
It could also be a thyroid problem, liver disease (causing low blood-sugar), diabetes, or worms.
>>
>>16787851
...worms?
>>
OP judging by your posts next time you go to eat tell yourself "I'M NOT HUNGRY I'M JUST A FAT FUCK WHO CONSTANTLY SHOVELS FOOD INTO MY ENDLESS GULLET" you miserable fuck
>>
>>16787864
Yes like a tapeworm. They eat your food before you absorb it, so you feel hungry but don't gain weight.
>>
>>16787868
The problem is OP is actually on the skinny side.
>>
If you're a teenager you're probably still growing. try staying busy and see if that helps, anything that you can easily get absorbed in and forget about real life.

Also, if you restrict snacking, you'll get used to it and then not want snacks. More you snack, the more you want snacks. It a mechanism the brain has to get more food while it's plentiful, which makes sense when you're in the wild but is obsolete in our modern society where food is always readily available.
>>
>>16787873
But I eat reasonably healthy?

>>16787887
I'm about to turn 22 and haven't grown an inch for years.
>>
>>16787903
Anyone can get a tapeworm. Even people who don't eat meat at all.
>>
>>16787911
So it's from meat?
>>
>>16787932
Usually, but it can also be from eating food prepared by someone who didn't wash their hands properly.
>>
>>16787941
oh.

But doesn't cooking the meat stop that?
>>
>>16787310
Thats not how the stomach works you idiot.
You eat a lot. You stomach has become very elastic. Even when full it can stretch more so it wont feel 'full'. Youre eating more just because you can. thats called being a fatass.
Secondly that growling sound doesnt main you are hungry. Its your stomach being empty and shrinking. The rumbling is due to the gases. Your stomach rumbling doesnt mean you are hungry. Just your stomach is finally not being stretched out.The rumbling goes away after you get used to not always having your stomach filled. Secondly you have trained yourself to associate a stomach thats not full with hunger since you are a fat ass and always eat then.
Im getting so triggered by this. I teach nutrition but nothing upsets me more than fatass who feel the need to eat because they can.
I wont even explain that last point. Basically your body works by habit though. Eat at a scheduled time at the right calorie intake and you body will become accustomed to it. Thats all.
>>
>>16787965
Yes but sometimes it isn't cooked enough. Like how people like their steaks medium rare. Or let's say someone has tapeworms and doesn't know it. They don't wash their hands properly after using the bathroom and before making you a salad or a sandwich. Then they pass eggs onto you.
>>
>>16787978
How do I stop constantly craving food?

>>16787980
Nobody ever touches my food but me since nobody else ever cooks around here.

Can it be other meat than beef? We don't eat steaks on a regular basis.
>>
>>16788017
>Nobody ever touches my food but me since nobody else ever cooks around here.
Unless you go out and kill the animal yourself, or harvest your own produce, someone has handled your food. It doesn't even have to be meat.

>Can it be other meat than beef? We don't eat steaks on a regular basis.
It can be anything, really, that has egg contact.
>>
>>16788021
>egg contact.
how do I avoid that ever again? We can't have farm animals.
>>
>>16788017
Yes it can be fish, beef, sheep, pork, rabbit, ect. Pretty much anything.

But you've never eaten out or had anyone else prepare food for you in your life? Didn't you just say you ate icecream while out with your sister?
>>
>>16788033
Sometimes people just get unlucky and you'll need to have it removed (sometimes with medication, sometimes through surgery). Even if vegetables come pre-washed, wash them vigorously. Never eat rare meat. Make sure you don't drink contaminated water.

That aside, you probably don't have a tapeworm. You can try starving yourself for a few days and then place a plate of food in front of yourself. If you feel something trying to come up and out of your throat, you've got a ravenous worm inside of you. If you don't, it's likely an issue with your stomach and brain.
>>
>>16788039
we picked some up from the grocery store.

And saying nobody has ever cooked for me would be a hyperbole. it's just that I haven't had something someone else cooked for a long time before this started.
>>
>>16788060
Well considering they live up to 30 years and usually show no symptoms at all, that doesn't rule it out.
>>
>>16788017
>How do I stop constantly craving food?
Literally in my last line. Its called discipline. You wont stop craving food till your body realizes you arent a fatass anymore. You eat 24/7 so your body tells you to eat 24/7 because thats the norm for you. Eat at a regular schedule and dont eat outside of that schedule no matter what. Once your body recognizes your new pattern you wont crave food outside of those slots as much.
There is no easy cheat to stop being a fatass. You body honestly expects you to eat a shit ton and theres nothing you can do about that until your body realizes you are wrong.
There only 'cheat' available is drinking a shitton of water instead. But honestly if you had the discipline to drink water you wouldnt be a fat ass. Drinking water will fill the stomach and you can kinda trick the brain into thinking you are full. Like you wont really trick it but when you get hungry and you drink water first the craving will subside because at that moment your stomach is filled with water.
>>
>>16788070
this is terrifying.

>>16788080
>fatass
I'm 135 lbs soaking wet.
>>
>>16788086
you better be at least 5'10 or you are a fatass. I highly doubt than muscle on you. If you are euro than its definitely not muscle.
>>
>>16788115
I'm 5'6.

What should I do?
>>
>>16788115
>BMI of 22
>fatass

That word does not mean what you think it means.
>>
>>16788128
it's a 4chan meme - America is fatter than Euro on average so everyone in Europe has to be underweight on average
>>
>>16788128
>skinny fat doesnt exist
>>16788119
Do you have visible abs. Because honestly theres no reason not to at that weight. You really need to hit the gym. Its a lot easier to eat right when your body actually needs to eat.
>>
>>16788140
what counts as visible?
>>
>>16787335
Don't do this unless you want seizures
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.