[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stopped smoking/extreme energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 1024x576
Adv, i stopped smoking weed 3 weeks ago. I haven't slept more than 3 hours a night since 5 days. I'm not feeling tired or sluggish. Infact i got a lot of energy. This is great and all, but i'm a bit scared that this will backbite in a few days. Is it normal? What's going on?
>>
Recently quit smoking myself, have the same problem.

I find going to the gym around 7-10pm and going really hard with the weights helps me be tired for bed.

>Haven't slept more than 3 hours a night since 5 days

Yeah thats not exactly normal though. Sounds like a manic episode. Does anyone in your family have a history of personality disorders?
>>
>>16787238
I tried to keep a sleep schedule. Going to bed at the same time and getting up early. But i find myselfe laying in bed, wide awake for hours. I try to calm down, even meditate, but to no availe.

I'm going to look that up. Yup, could be. Not diagnosed thought.
>>
thats fine bud

you will eventually get tired and be a souless faggot like all the 9-5 wageslaves again
>>
Venus should have had very densely packed lines, Earth should have had sparse offset lines, Mars should have had regions of diagonal lines (sandstorms) and Pluto should have been solidly shaded (frozen). That's some lazy art there.

Yes, you'll crash in a few days. It's not normal. Talk to a doctor. A mild sedative might help you.
>>
>>16787254

> I try to calm down, even meditate, but to no availe.

Keep trying. If meditation was that easy we would all be enlightened buddhas with no desire.

And really try to work out. PHYSICALLY exhaust yourself. The mind and body are not separate. When your mind is exhausted, does your body not feel tired?
>>
I think insomnia is a pretty normal side effect of quitting weed, it definitely happened to me for a while when I stopped. It takes somewhere between 1 and 2 months for THC to leave your body completely, especially if you were a regular smoker, so at 3 weeks you're still adjusting.

You've got a lot more energy because you aren't high anymore, and this is just what it feels like when your mind isn't blasted all the time. You'll get used to it within a few more weeks. You'll also find, probably, that you need a lot more exercise than you did when you were getting high frequently, or else you'll be antsy and restless.
>>
Weed increases melatonin production by 2000%.

Take melatonin before bed to get your sleep. It's hard trying to sleep after quitting weed, because you're used to the melatonin.

Take 3-5MG of melatonin 30 min-hour before bed every night. You can buy it at any drug store. They even have gummy ones that are delicious.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.