[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I've learned that my boyfriend is extremely manipulative;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Boundaries.png (12 KB, 267x154) Image search: [Google]
Boundaries.png
12 KB, 267x154
So, I've learned that my boyfriend is extremely manipulative; he'll blame me for having a "bad mood" when I set a boundary or that I'm cheating on him because he "hears things" in the background when we're on the phone, and that there's "someone's hand" when we're on video chat.

Today I told him to get help and grow up, that's when he said that I was blowing it all out of proportion. -- I'm sorry, I'm just not going to take defending myself of being accused when he won't listen anyway.

He'll even go as far as to say "I don't see the point in being a relationship if we can't see each other often." and I told him, "Fine, then leave." and he blew up at me.

I am so tired, /adv/ - but I won't break up with him because I feel that this is just a bad bump in our relationship...one that I fear that we'll never get over.
>>
>but I won't break up with him
Then there will be no useful advice we can give.
This is not "a bad bump" behavior. This is obsessive, paranoid, jealous behavior. That doesn't "go away". No matter how much you think you can, you're not going to be able to "fix him" or "work it out".

He will always be this level of crazy. It will not stop. When you're both 60 he'll scream at a young waiter for "hitting on you" because he asked if you'd like something to drink.
>>
>>16785289
Lovely.

Thank you, kind Anon.
>>
>>16785279
>I won't break up with him because I feel that this is just a bad bump in our relationship

totally reasonable.

>one that I feel we'll never get over

Completely unreasonable. A bad bump is by definition temporary. If the bad bump isn't a bump, that means you have a bad relationship.

Sounds like you are afraid to be without a boyfriend, even if he's paranoid and manipulative.
>>
>>16785301
In a sense I am.

I mean, right now I'd love to dump him, but then he turns it around to make me the bad guy and that's where I have trouble.. Because I'll get phone calls and texts and Facebook messages and.. It'll be a clusterfuck.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.