[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix knowing how to act around others at all? I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: sad-kitty.jpg (35 KB, 601x450) Image search: [Google]
sad-kitty.jpg
35 KB, 601x450
How do I fix knowing how to act around others at all?

I have ADHD, aspergers, clinical depression, generalized anxiety and a panic disorder, sadly, all officially diagnosed. I have been bullied in all my years in school (quit 1 year ago) and emotionally abused at home for another 6. I basically don't feel like an equal human being most of the time. I think all of these things are making it very hard for me to socialize, and I often avoid social interaction.

I never really know how to act in social situations, other than stupid small talks and making uninspired unfunny jokes. I have the very social basics down, such as making eye contact, proper posture & body language, knowing social borders, awareness of surrounding, etc. But I can't seem to click with anyone ever. I currently hang with a bunch of social rejects (the kind everyone would avoid - bronies, furries, socially incompetent geeks, weeaboos, generic losers) because we have games, series, movies and occasionally some flat out geek tabletop/board games. That doesn't require any social interaction. Take that away, and I practically fall on my face in any social situation. And even with these distractions, I am uninteresting most of the time, but that seems to be fine amongst the people I hang with. But here's the worst part: I don't even enjoy hanging with them. I'm often told I'm an alright guy, but no one even bothers to maintain contact with. And after a long period of not being so disappointed I stopped talking to everyone, I have even forgotten how to start a conversation and keep it going. It's so bad that depression seems to be creeping in from all sides. I want to become a better guy before the depression takes away the will to, because it all feels like one big downward spiral.

What do I do? Am I a lost cause? Please help me /adv/, tell me what I can do. I am desperate at this point and don't want to live my life this way. I need a way out.
>>
File: jujubes.jpg (194 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
jujubes.jpg
194 KB, 1200x800
Fix the depression first.

>Exercise, sunlight, art therapy have been shown to work.
>>
>>16784562

I know for a fact that ADHD isn't that impactfulon adulthood than in childhood, don't worry about it.

as for clinical depression, generalized anxiety and you panic disorder, I guess it all start from the same source, and you might have hit the nerve when you speak about your emotionally abuse.
I can't find you the proper answer for you, just hang in there. Don't see yourself as doomed, you're far from it, I'm not going into that cliché speech that's not the point. Just avoid thinking that these are stable condition that will stay your own life.
I don't know how do you live, do you have enough free time to do some exercices, or maybe learn something from books ? My point is that you're getting depressed over the fact that you're depressed, there is not exit for that. Get out of your vicious cycle. You can do anything you want to. Try studies you might enjoy, philosophical, psychological ( worked for me, I love myself here because I enjoy thinking about that)

However you seem quite intelligent, for your own good, you seem to overthink the basic principle of social interaction, take it lightly, it's only a funny moment to enjoy when trying to speak to someone. Shyness, when it's coming from the lack of experience or the fear of abuse toward you is overdone, try to get over it and push yourself a little, try yourself in a place where you don't know nobody, be polite, be funny, don't hesitate to act a little confident because "true" confidence don't come, at least not until you've faked some.
As long as you're not a creepy dude, breaking loose, nobody will blame you for the mistakes you will do, just act natural, not yet relaxed I don't believe you can do that you are overthinking it, but still try to be natural to others.
Maybe if you really scared about it, read a few books about it. I don't believe they're better than your own experience, but it might get you a little confident about it.

Enjoy life, as it is the most beautiful thing ever Anon.
>>
>>16784588
Ur maiing me hungr
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.