[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I quit smoking weed? I think I'm finally at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: anti weed.jpg (75 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
anti weed.jpg
75 KB, 720x720
How do I quit smoking weed?

I think I'm finally at the point of my life (24) where weed has just become a detriment, it's adding nothing to my life. I've been a pot smoker since the age of 14, so it's pretty much such an integral part of my life... I find it hard to imagine life without weed. I look at other friends who stayed away from weed in high school/college and they've all climbed further ahead in life than me, who dropped out of uni the first time then went back and is still struggling to graduate.

I don't think I can balance smoking pot and going to college and working, doing all my housekeeping shit (I live alone). Maybe other people have that kind of control, I don't. I think I need to cut it all out. The only time I think I'd be ok with smoking pot is with girls who are into it, but even so I don't trust my own self-control. If I have weed, I want to smoke it and watch movies or something.

Weed has over the years made me into a lazy, recluse and given me anxiety problems. I want to cut it out completely, I keep thinking about how many hundreds of dollars I would have saved over the years, how much more productive and energetic I could be and it just pisses me off knowing I wasted so much time and money on smoking pot alone and listening to music/watching movies when I could have been working out, studying or going out meeting women. I've never had a steady girlfriend and a part of me knows it's because even the girls I've hooked up with can tell I'm not a quality man to have a relationship with.

So for people who have quit, how did you do it? Any tips, strategies? Things to do when you feel like smoking, etc?
>>
>>16784528
I'm actually going on a break.

More often than not its easier on you if you know it's just a temporary break. But if you wish to stop completely, that's your perogative.

Ive been smoking non-stop everyday using my vape for the past 2 years and I smoke 3 more years before that.

The best way to stop is to literally stop. You will feel craving arise, but that's the point. You want to remove yourself from the feedback loop of craving. This will require willpower.

You can do what you want to do, like workout as ithelps when the THC melts from your fat cells. Literally two birds with one stone there.

Lot of water helps. And maybe a session every night where you evaluate your struggles. Light a candle. Sit with the craving. Maybe listen to some soothing music. This helps you calm down especially before bed. I found that when I was quitting, I frequently woke up at night either due to intense sweating or intense dreams.

That's something to maybe look forward to. The dreams will return and it will be vivid.

Other than that, just improving your willpower will prevent you from relapsing.

I'm on a break till 4/20 when my exams end. I'm sure that session will be godly.

Good luck anon, Godspeed
>>
>>16784528
Run out of money, donate it all to charity so you cannot buy anymore
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.