[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice and to get this off my chest. My parents are spending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1454272834121.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454272834121.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1200
Need advice and to get this off my chest.

My parents are spending £100k on my older sisters wedding. Everyone has talked about this for years and how we want a simple, small wedding with around 150 guests max.

I have pointed out our previous talks and it seems all the spending is to wow the guy and his family. Hypocrisy, pretentiousness and stupid tradition means we foot the bill. The guy is also a fucking prick and is demanding more and more because he can.

Example, he asked for a larger reception hall (650 guests) instead of a wedding gift payment from my parents of like £40k so they can put a deposit on a house and start their lives. I think this is a sensible idea but the guy and my sis are real show offs.

I have made everyone aware about how I feel but no one cares. I am expected to stay quiet and carry on. When I raise something I am just being uncaring of my sisters feelings.

I have pondered not attending the wedding out of apathy at this point..
>>
I say that you attend out of your own sense of social propriety. You find this pretentiousness stupid but what about the simple idea of "one attends their sibling's wedding?" Irrespective of the circumstances I'm sure you find that to be a pretty simple case of good graces.

Go, do your duty as a sibling and then cut ties with these morons.
>>
They have the right to do whatever they want.
Just attend to be polite
>>
Tough shit OP. Its not your wedding and its not your money. You dont have a say in the matter. Even if 100k is a ridiculous amount to spend on a single day.
>>
>>16783125

You are too fucking rich to be asking advice.

100K is ten times the amount most people spend on a wedding here in my country.

But if your parents want to spend that kind of cash on a single-day event, then let them, they obviously don't have better things to spend it on.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.