[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As a high school teacher, do I have a responsibility to redirect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
As a high school teacher, do I have a responsibility to redirect high school cringe kids and stop future robots from happening?
>>
If you don't want to get shot eventually with the rest of your class, it's a good idea. Where can you redirect them though?
>>
no retard just try not to die while you're working in the line of fire. go to work, don't die, go home, at some point collect your money, and do this until you retire or die
>>
>>16779130
>responsibility
Probably not. But it might be a damn good thing to do, if it's possible at all. Sometimes though trying to help might make things even worse.
>>
>>16779130
yes
>>
yes, absolutely. School is half about socializing, it's vital for their future.
>>
Not officially, but you'd be doing the world a solid. It's not like those kids have any other role models to turn to.
>>
You can't fight the culture of your whole country from a classroom.
>>
>>16779130
You obviously feel that you can have some positive impact. Please do what you can to help these kids, without putting a target on your back.
>>
You do not have a professional responsibility. In fact, you will probably get fired if you tried. Public education system is corrupt and does more harm than good for the future.

I am a teacher as well and am actively looking for an opportunity to abandon this shitty occupation.
>>
>>16779130
Yes
>>
>>16779130

A moral responsibility I would say.

I would think this is one of the first things they teach you when you're getting your credential - what exactly to do when you think a kid has some sort of learning disability or personality disorder.
>>
>>16779324
>I am a teacher as well and am actively looking for an opportunity to abandon this shitty occupation.

I have a lot of teacher friends, so I know what sort of institutional inertia you're up against, but the moral thing to do in a shit system like that is keep trying to do what you can (until you leave). A dedicated teacher can seriously have a big impact, even if it's just leading by example.
>>
>>16779130
What are you going to do? Tell them women aren't whores? Because you're setting them up for disappointment.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.