[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Financing an Old Home...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 18196_m.jpg (73 KB, 500x289) Image search: [Google]
18196_m.jpg
73 KB, 500x289
Trying to come up with ideas on financing the restoration of a 1886 home. It still has the original wallpaper, floors, 30's kitchen/bathrooms, original woodwork, original wood windows, etc...

It is going to be expensive, any advice on ways to help raise money to afford it?
>>
>>16778202
The state of Illinois used to have a special grant and/or cheap mortgage for just that sort of thing. Your state might have something like that.
>>
Prostitution is nice
>>
>>16778202
2,408 Sq/Ft
1 Acre Lot
4 Bedroom 2 Bath
Finished Basement with Den, 2 Bedrooms, Kitchenette, Wash Room, Boiler Room.

We paid $55,000 for it, and it is in great shape other than needing a new roof and some minor water damage repair.

Updating, another issue. 1930's kitchen, 1940's bathrooms... *sigh*
>>
>>16778237
What are the monthly heating bills that the previous owners were willing to pay or paid?

I think that you applying for some form of government aid is the safest way to keep your house in livable conditions.

Youre also a moron for taking the plunge into something that you havent looked at from every angle and figured out beforehand at least a simple plan A on how to proceed from there.

I hope to christ it doesnt came backto bite you in the ass, but there is a chance for that to happen..

Good luck OP.
>>
>>16778256

There is that chance, and the previous heating bill was $1,000 a year for oil costs at 62 F in the home.

Washington State, East of the Cascades..

My house payment is under $300 a month... I'm willing to accept quite a few road bumps at that price.

:)
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.