[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >See attractive woman >Get urge to creep her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1451629064710s.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1451629064710s.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>Be me
>See attractive woman
>Get urge to creep her on Facebook
>See that she has a lot of friends, a healthy social life, and cool life experiences like traveling or flying helicopters or going to art galleries and shit
>Automatically feel insecure and dejected and know they are too good for me

I dunno, I feel like my life is so boring that nobody could really be interested in me or like me. I feel like I have no interesting life experiences or qualities that I could share with other people. I feel like when things are that asymmetrical, there's no chance of two people being compatible.

Like, I don't even have any friends. Wouldn't women find that weird? I can't imagine anyone with a normal life being interested in a person with no friends, who has never travelled outside of his city, and is kind of sheltered and socially-naive because he doesn't get out and do the sorts of things normal people do (like, the few times I go to a pub or party, I have no idea how alcoholic drinks work or which ones are which, so I just order something random and pretend to know what it is so that I don't let on that I'm a grown man whose knowledge of libations is on par with that of a middle-schoolers. What's the difference between whiskey and rum? How do you mix drinks? Fuck if I know.)

Are my feelings normal? Is it normal to feel like the average person is out of my league, and that my social ineptitude kind of makes me ineligible for the kind of partner I would want?
>>
Your feelings are normal, you know shes out of your league. Either become more interesting to where you feel comfortable approaching or talking to higher value women, or lower your standards.
>>
>>16776753
>Either become more interesting to where you feel comfortable approaching or talking to higher value women, or lower your standards.

Easier said than done. I dunno, I don't really know how to go about making myself worthy. Between school and work, I don't really have much time for anything else. I don't even know where to start. I feel like you need friends to make friends.

And then there's money. I don't have money to travel and see the world. I dunno, I feel like I'm just kind of trapped.

As for lowering my standards, I probably could find someone on "my level" who is one of those loner weeaboo chicks or something who draws shitty anime fan art on DeviantArt and writes fanfic about Marvel movies. But I just don't want that. I know it's selfish of me to be a loser, but not want to associate with losers, but I don't wanna be one of those people that just wants a relationship for the sake of it and grabs on to anything to boost their self-esteem. I don't want to use people like that.

Also, I never want to be in one of those loner couples that only ever interacts with each other and talks to no one outside the relationship. Those are so creepy.
>>
>>16776753
Not OP, have similar issue, just sitting in the staff room listening to people about their 2-week holidays in exotic locations.

>lower your standards

That doesn't really apply to me (and maybe to a lot of 25+ losers), all the women in my area are 7+/10 and everyone else is in a relationship. Literally the only women left are hambeasts on mobility scooters.
>>
>>16776852

Being interesting doesn't happen overnight.

I'm a pretty shy and reserved kinda guy back in the day, and I felt the same way that you are feeling now especially inadequacy.

>I'm a shy guy who's pretty content playing vidya on the weekends, what chance do I have? She's probably rejecting guys who have more of an interesting life that I do.

Being an interesting character is like getting a ball moving, you start small first and continually take opportunities to broaden your horizons.
If you are like me and are naturally curious it doesn't take long.

For example, when I learned to scuba dive.
>wanted to learn Underwater photography
> first had to learn photography.
> dive shop wanted another member to go wreck diving with them preferably to do photography.
> can't go not certified.
> learned to to deep dive and wreck dive for the trip.
> went on to learn a multitude of skills from Advanced re breathers to deep technical diving over the space of 18 months, meet lots of people along the way.
> now get invited to go overseas on wreck expeditions, Guadalcanal, Truk, etc. by dive teams.

I applied this to other fields as well, I skydive, I fly planes, getting into sailing and surfing.
If anything I can barely keep up, but I enjoy the adventures I have.

It doesn't have to be expensive, but you can start small and work your way up. Learn to draw, or navigate with the stars.

Women love guys who lead interesting lives, once you get a 'halo effect' around you they just come to you.

inb4 lying in a Ecuadorian Cocoa Harvesting IRC chat.
>>
I feel you OP

Where the fuck am I going to get the money for helicopter lessons? Fucking spoiled kids make me jealous as fuck. A good friend of mine is studying in London and she thinks nothing of it. Meanwhile I'm busting my ass to pay rent and get through community college debt free. I'm not saying people like her shouldn't get opportunities. It's just frustrating I've never had the privilege.
>>
>>16778039
cont.
not the guy you're replying to btw.

You also end up excluding entire age groups in your dating pool, unless you do the same things together.

I've practically excluded the 25-30 age bracket because they either wanna settle down after partying so hard, or are downright intimidated because they think I can just drop them and get someone else, if they're a combination of the first two examples they are usually salty as fuck.

Because they go on and travel, go to Thailand for a full moon party or in Bali, get drunk as fuck have lots of fun, but don't really come away from the trip having learned something new or matured from their travels.

So when you do get to travel, make sure you take away something from it, learn to do something, achieve something worthwhile like climbing a mountain etc.

The ones I attract from that age bracket seem to be career women who want some excitement .
Other than that the 18-23 is the bracket I get approached by.

Don't worry too much anon, just focus on yourself for the next couple of years, keep learning, go on adventures, meet new people, broaden your skillsets and your horizons.

You probably wont be dating women in your age group anyway.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.