[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>got guy best friend >talk every day >asked if we
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Im-All-Alone-6.jpg (17 KB, 900x629) Image search: [Google]
Im-All-Alone-6.jpg
17 KB, 900x629
>got guy best friend
>talk every day
>asked if we could chat this weekend
>he said sure
>haven't really been talking at all, tried to spark up conversation, left some messages
>hours between replies
>wanted to tell him I'm going in for surgery next week and wanted to tell him I'm not doing too hot
>got bowel cancer, battled it since April 2014, first op cleared it but it returned over fall last year
>he doesn't seem to give 2 fucks and hasn't asked about me or anything
>what do?
>>
>>16776298
Tell him about your condition FFS, the guy's not a mind reader.
>>
even though you left some messages, he can't read your mind and know how important it is for you

>what do?

talk to a family, different friend, etc

depending on one person too much is a recipe for disaster, because sadly, they won't always be there for you
>>
>>16776331
Well it's not really something you just text. That and he's been doing almost everything to avoid me and gives me "OK"-short replies. I'm not a mind reader either but it tells me I should back off and not message him etc.
>>
>>16776332
I don't have any friends besides him. I've known him for almost 6 years, but trust me, I get what you're saying. I haven't told him how bad it is because I didn't want to weigh him down. I'm kinda trying to be strong and not bounce everything off of him. But I would have thought he'd at least give me an ear, sadly it just seems like he's had it with me. He's barely spoken 2 words and when I ask about his day he just replies with "good" which leads me to think he doesn't want to talk.

I'd have liked to actually talk talk to him, voice chat and such instead of just texting...
>>
>>16776350
OK so call him
>>
>>16776341
Then stop complaining about him not knowing your problems.
>>
>>16776368
>seeking advice is complaining
He told me to come to him whenever I needed to talk, yet he doesn't seem interested and kinda just shuts down when I do. So naturally I stopped talking about things. Yet when I tell him I want to talk and he almost ignores me? What exactly am I supposed to do? When someone gives you the cold shoulder, do you just go on yapping and follow them? No.
>>
>>16776350

>I ask about his day he just replies with "good" which leads me to think he doesn't want to talk.

that's probably the case

he seems to be tired or doesn't give a fuck

i honestly doesn't think there's a solution to make him want to talk to you, it's better to give up (atleast for now) and focus your mind on something else imho

try finding a solution that doesn't involve him doing something for you, but even if you don't find, the worst that can happen is you feeling sad for a while, but it will go away eventually
>>
>>16776298
Someone in your condition has no fucking time to be modest about something like this. God forbid it happens, but if you cancer gets malignant, you will have wasted what time you have left try to set the mode like a damn movie scene. Get the information across in any way possible.
This condition has basically given you the opportunity to be as selfish as possible, so fucking take it and don't let it go. If you're worried about being clingy, don't. No one deserves to go through shit like this alone. Just keep in mind that this is hard on the people who care about you as well.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.