[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tips to improve texting game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1432715362160.jpg (23 KB, 450x327) Image search: [Google]
1432715362160.jpg
23 KB, 450x327
Tips to improve texting game?
>>
>>16776045
Keep it to a minimum, be a bit of mystery, texting should be used to set up meeting in person.
>>
>>16776045
In what way
>>
Hold back until you got them locked down
You should interact with your new gf by just being urself since they obviously care for you at that point
>>
Related: it's easy for me to talk to this person face to face. I feel like we are both very sincere.

But when we text I over analyze everything and have trouble figuring out the intended tone of messages. Sometimes I'll say things I mean very seriously that I feel are completely ignored.

Should I just stop texting for conversations? I feel like it's fyckjng be up bad. Would it be weird to just call, instead?
>>
>>16776112
That's what happens to me too
I avoid texting as much as possible until I actually get to know the person
You don't need to be talking to a girl you're interested in 24/7 to land a date
>>
In the same boat, much better at calling than texting
>>
>>16776112
>>16776136
i like calling better than texting too, but i feel like most people today are not used to calling when you can just text and i'm always afraid to come up as weird or too pushy
>>
>>16776136
Call them if you know you're not likely to run into them in public
I knew I'd typically see the girl I wanted to ask out every friday since she goes into my corner of the library to do homework while I'm working
I never even asked for her number until we had already scheduled our first date
>>
>>16776150
Exactly. The problem is if I call you, I've got to have a solid reason. I can't just be like "what's up", for that you gotta text
>>
>>16776045
In my personal experience, text conversations, unless its a constant stream of blantantly sexual/flirty, have a tendency to just become pleasant or polite exchanges.

In general, I would say that the aim is for them to reveal certain qualities/info to you, you to reciprocate that exchange of qualities, but at the same time keeping it 'flirty' or, at least, 'romantic' in nature.

-A majority of the time, attempt to drive conversation forward using statements and not questions - questions are fine, just try not to over-use them. If you really have to say things like "I bet you like X; I think you're a bit a X; etc"
-It is quite normal for guys to have to drive the conversation forward/ask questions and then, once a response is given, provide their perspective on the matter (you can use this to your advantage ofc).
-Try to at least throw flirty comments in from time to time (it can feel shoehorned at times - but I've personally let a few too many exchanges become 'friendly' exchanges). The best line I've come up with to breaking out of a polite exchange is - "you're so polite/considerate. but I bet you got a bit of a wild side", this usually results in the response "maybe", and you just go from there.

Practice and experience is key here because if you are able to do this quickly/snap-responding/live-texting you come off as a lot more charming and witty. Seriously, just jump on tinder or something and talk to everyone - it doesn't matter. You don't even have to catch up with anyone (good mentality to have actually, if you get laid in the process its a bonus!)
>>
>>16776045
Be attractive, don't be unattractive.
>>
>>16776307
In a text?
>>
>>16776315
No, in real life.

Google "Tom Brady Be Attractive SNL Skit". It's true for most of life. You can be attractive and say dumb shit and girls will like you, you can also be unattractive and say great/smart/witty things and she won't be into you because you're not attractive.
>>
>>16776307
>>16776322
The OP is talking about texting, brah
>>
>>16776466
I think he meant that if you're attractive, women will still want to talk to you, even if you say dumb shit. Like when you're texting a really hot girl, I doubt you'd care if she wasn't that great at texting.
>>
>>16776536
Of course I would. If she can't hold a conversation or she constantly says stupid shit, who cares how hot she is?

That's exactly why the OP and I are wondering about how to hold a conversation through text, because it's a bit different than talking face to face.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.