[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ My fiancee heard recordings of me singing and wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 8187948_orig.jpg (52 KB, 360x347) Image search: [Google]
8187948_orig.jpg
52 KB, 360x347
Hey /adv/
My fiancee heard recordings of me singing and wants me to sing to her. I don't really have any good reason not to but I have kind of an irrational fear of singing to her for some reason. I'm not sure why, but I'd like to get over the fear and sing for her. Anyone have any advice on the situation?
>>
>>16774298
just do it, man.

i used to work in the music industry. and, yeah, it's easy to sing to a crowd. but doing it right in front of just one person, one person you know, is always way more daunting.

no real tricks though. you just gotta start and eventually the anxiety goes away.

i suppose you could try looking away from her. kind of kills the intimacy but it might help ease the process.
>>
as a music major, I'd much rather play/sing for my hypothetical fiancee rather than for my professor/studio-mates
>>
I think it would totally help if you started by singing from another room first, like in the kitchen while she's in the living room? And then gradually in the same room, til you can sing in front of her. Talent should always be celebrated and shared, but I know it's difficult when the person you're sharing with /means/ something to you.
>>
use alcohol to loosen your anxiety about it
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.