[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your major and minors if you have any. Also why you chose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: They_suspect_nothing.jpg (35 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
They_suspect_nothing.jpg
35 KB, 496x369
Post your major and minors if you have any. Also why you chose them and how you think they will benefit you. I'm majoring in Health Sciences and really thinking about minoring in Psychology. I'm in a 101 class for it right now and really liking it, I don't even mind reading through the 100's of pages of the book. Lastly does it provide and bonuses such as higher pay when you get a job?

Pic unrelated
>>
That's not how degrees work in my country but I'm a biology graduate getting an advanced degree on biomolecular science.
I wanna do a phd.
>>
>>16770519
Good luck with that, PhD in anythi g is gonna be hard, especially that lol
>>
>>16770424
Major is Social Work. Graduating in a few months, I like helping people.
>>
Undergraduate major(BA): English Literature
Current (Master of Science) major: Information Science

I want to be a consultant. I chose my grad program because it places very well into IT/technology consulting firms.
>>
>>16770424
>does it provide and bonuses such as higher pay when you get a job?
The minor? Hell no. They're basically worthless. It's better to do individual classes that interest you than follow their plans.

>>16770863
As a fellow liberal arts major (psychology), how did you get into a CIS master's? Did you minor in CIS in undergrad or something?
>>
File: 20120224_lilo0567_1353373821.jpg (241 KB, 1469x979) Image search: [Google]
20120224_lilo0567_1353373821.jpg
241 KB, 1469x979
< Here are my minors
>>
>>16770424
>Lastly does it provide and bonuses such as higher pay when you get a job?
Like another anon said, they're basically useless when it comes to jobs. If it's something you enjoy and it rounds out your schedule, go for it. But don't expect to get anything out of it except education.

>Post your major and minors if you have any.
Biochem. Graduated though. After doing research, medical stuff, and pharma sales, I realized I like business wayyyy more than I like the scientific arena. Wish I had realized that before graduating. I have my own business on the side and am working in marketing now. I'll get a masters when I decide between a masters in business or marketing.

It kills me every time I remind myself I would have been better off with an easy business degree than the biochem degree I slaved over.

That being said, experience trumps all. Get those internships while in college. They'll serve you better than your degree in the long run.
>>
>major
Mathematics
>minor
Econ
I have the time to turn the econ minor into a double major, but I'm thinking about getting a finance minor to go along with the econ minor as well.

Picked it because I like pure math but figure I need to apply it somewhere. Linear Algebra is absolutely buttfucking me right now and I have no idea why so I guess I need to worm on that.
>>
Pussy
>>
>>16770424
I got to art school. I'm undecided as of now as are all freshman but I'm thinking animation or video game design with a minor in medical illustration
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.