[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>want to move out >don't want to go anywhere but Miami
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 709x765
>want to move out
>don't want to go anywhere but Miami or la

How do I do that? I just want a normal life of working and paying rent and living with some friends. I don't want to waste my life in college or the military so don't even bother
>>
Liquidate all your belongings and save a shit ton of money primarily. You need dollar doos to keep you afloat for ~ 3-6 months living expenses in the area you are moving in. Then just plane ticket(or drive) your ass over there and get a place and hit that job search hard as a mother fucker.

On a side note, both those cities are fucking shit. Do you live in flyover ville or something that makes you long for fancy cities?
>>
>>16763757
I'm in mia and looking for roommates have you had a job do you have money?
>>
>>16763762
Isn't rent there like impossible to afford because of how high it is?

Also I live in a small northern village and I'm moving for my career and I want to take college classes on the side maybe
>>
>>16763757
And I'm guessing you're 18.
>>
>>16763765
Its pretty high. 400 bucks a month might buy you a 1 room efficiency.
>>
>>16763768
I can't tell if this is a joke or not but I was expecting the cheapest options to be like ~700. I had some Mexican on Craigslist offer me a shitty efficiency for 650 though
>>
>>16763771
Keep looking if you're willing to live in a bad neighborhood you should find something under 500 bucks
>>
>>16763778
Damn alright that's not bad. When you say bad neighborhood do you mean a mild one or like straight up opa locka triangle shit?

>>16763763
No job and only a few hundos sorry man :/
>>
>>16763778
I was apartment searching recently 2-2s are going for around a grand. With a room mate 500 bucks
>>
>>16763781
Damn that's really affordable I figured in Miami a 2 br would be like 1700 and 2200 in la or something
>>
>>16763790
Again shitty neighborhood.
>>
>>16763793
I don't really consider a neighborhood to be shitty unless it's the worst of the worst those prices I listed were for subpar areas( I believe) slightly low income but not huge crime rates
>>
>>16763793
And also that's just rent after other living expenses 800 to a grand would be about right per person
>>
>>16763800
Now finding a job on the other hand. Do you speak spanish?
>>
>>16763802
Not him but I'm op I don't really think I need Spanish I just want to wait tables or something I could learn a few key phrases in Spanish and shit I took Spanish for a year
>>
>>16763809
In mia your gonna need Spanish at least enough to prove you can in an interview. If not why would they hire you over a bilingual
>>
>>16763819
I'm more handsome and have a better story
>>
>>16763822
Not worth having someone that can't handle o good 70 percent of the clientele that can't speak English. As for the story as a manager I can personally say I don't give a shit where or why you came from. All I care about is figuring out if you'll be reliable and hardworking.
>>
>>16763826
Not trying to be a dick or anything but that's how real life is kid.
>>
>>16763828
I know what managers are interviews are like but people hire multiple people at once usually and there's no way finding a job in Miami is harder than a depressed rural area with a higher unemployment rate than dade county
>>
>>16763831
If you don't speak English and Spanish you won't find a job in Miami.
>>
>>16763831
Yeah I just looked it up my unemployment rate is 30 percent higher than Miami
>>
>>16763834
My coworker was in property management for 20 years and had to settle for cashier. Overnight. Part time
>>
>>16763841
Miami and la are about who you know and making rich people like you

If you want a fair opprotunity based on experience go to a boring city like San fransisco
>>
>>16763835
Alright but your looking at unemployment. That considers things more or less an even playing field Miami has such high population density we can fill positions quick. The issue is if you don't speak Spanish unless you're a dishwasher you're unhireable.
>>
>>16763845
There's no way it's like that in every neighborhood I bet I could bus into an all white neighborhood and Spanish will probably be rare
>>
>>16763846
Here's how it is. Key largo and below is probably the last basteon of whiteness in south Florida. In key largo you could probably find a trailer to rent for 800-1200 bucks a month. Walgreens or the restaurants will probably hire you and the fishing is fantastic. In Miami however a solid 60% of the population only speaks Spanish. The rest are bilingual the old whites are either rich enough to live in the keys or retired.
>>
>>16763857
And aside from drinking watersports or fucking tourists there's nothing going on in the keys. If you call any public service or even businesses the answering machines play Spanish first then English.
>>
>>16763861
>the keys

Isn't that like empty shit I was looking at Kendall and Hialeah

Found rooms and shit for like 600 in Kendall it just looks like it's really out there. Don't know much about Hialeah I imagine it's kinda shit
>>
>>16763872
If you don't speak Spanish you can find a job in the keys. Unless you want to commute 40+ miles to your job learn Spanish you lazy fuck.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.