[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years last night.. i just need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: ajr70jp_460sa.gif (94 KB, 460x258) Image search: [Google]
ajr70jp_460sa.gif
94 KB, 460x258
broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years last night..

i just need some moral boosting advice on what to do to kind of get over the whole losing the love of my life thing
>>
This is an opportune time to observe your mind. You will see flashbacks, memories, good times, bad times.

Just sit with it. Don't act on anything. Get calm and just observe.
>>
Losing? You threw her away, you nimwit.
>>
>>16759102

theres no actual way to speed the process of getting over it, at least one we can recommend. you might find your own way to make peace with things but thats kinda the thing abotu people, they really are retarded snow flakes.

all that being said, now would be a good time to start admitting she is no 'love of your life' or rather, that there is no love of your life. that would speed it up to get out of the mindset that you let go of something permanent

also you didnt lose her, you broke up with her
>>
>>16759113
who knows why he broke up with her though? maybe things were already over between them and she just didn't have the heart to end it, so he did.

>>16759122
mostly this.

OP if you're in the mindset that you actually want to get over her, that's half the battle right there. if you were pretty much of one mind about letting her go, and you're just missing the closeness, that will fade as you redirect your energy towards other things - friendships, family stuff, hobbies, job, whatever. reconnect with the other things in your life. idk if it will actually speed up the healing process but it will make it a lot more bearable. I have often found that taking a trip, even if it's a couple counties over to see my folks, is a great emotional palate cleanser.

some people don't actually want to get over their ex, or part of them wants to and part of them doesn't. or they just have a personality such that they have trouble letting go in general. it doesn't sound like you have that problem, but if you find that you do, just keep it in your mind that you broke up with her for a reason and keep making that conscious decision to move on. otherwise feelings will linger longer than they should.

give it time, at least a few months. 2 years isn't a lifetime but it's nothing to sneeze at. be kind to yourself.
>>
>>16759177
yeah it mostly hurts because we bonded so much.. that closeness. ive dated girls and ive done breakups. but this was by far my longest relationship and it felt like i got so close with someone.. it just hurts to let go of all that. and yes. youre right. weve been pretty much over for maybe a few months now. and shes hinted that maybe we should move on.. but neither of us really wanted to. we were hoping it would just get better.. and it never did. so after a big fight we had i finally pulled the plug. weve been fighting so much.. we fight more than we love. its so stressful and it was eating away at both of us.. but i loved her. i really did..
>>
>>16759348
i keep thinking of all the times ive had with her. weve made each other smile so much.. right now im not even sure if anyone's reading this. but it does make me feel a little better letting it out somewhere

we had so many inside jokes. we were each others "snout". cause we both loved dogs. she was my babygirl and i was her Eugine. we lived together in an apartment and across the street in another apartment there was a guy who at night always had his blinds open. he would have all the lights turned on so it was easy to look in. we never met him but we nick named him "eugine". after a while he moved away but we would still joke about him

we lived 30 minutes walking distance from the beach. we would walk there and stand knee deep in the water and just hold each other and look into the lake. this one time we went there in the middle of the night and danced to old school rock and roll like led zeppeln.. even just 2 weeks ago went to see a led zeppelin cover band and it was amazing
>>
>>16759367
but for all the good times we had we had double the bad. in the beginning of our relationship it hurts me to say but she was unfaithful.. i knew it at the time but i didnt have proof and i didnt want to believe it. i was hoping if i was just really awesome she would eventually lose the desire for other guys. she would also be rude and very critical of my mistakes. but the sex we had and the closeness we shared was amazing. eventually i left her about 5 months into our relationship when i found out she was flirting with her co worker.. she begged me back and promised to never break my trust again. and she didnt.. but then i was bitter. i stayed bitter and i hate it because i feel like i killed our relationship.. she might of ruined it but i finished it off. i became wary of all her actions. i would come home at random times early from work to check up on her. i would go through her phone and her facebook always looking for something..
>>
>>16759383
How the FUCK is flirting with a co-worker cheating?! You're a retard! Like you don't flirt with people at work... please. Wah wah my gf gace another man attention. SHE DID NOT FUCK HIM YOU DUMBASS.
>>
>>16759392
sorry for sparing the details. she fucked some rich guy she met on the train a few times in his hotel room.. some emo punk rock kid back at OUR place and his one time each and some other dude once at her place

i left her when i found out she was also flirting with her co worker cause it was the last straw
>>
>>16759403
we were fighting one time and i said i was going to go back to my mom's place for a day or two to cool down. i said id call her that night. later that night she texted me sounding extremely sorry and drunk. i asked her whats wrong and she said i should break up with her. i rushed over to our apartment and found out that some dude had just left she drank and fucked out of "being angry at me" for leaving during a fight

i then asked her if it was the first time and she said no and spilled the beans. she then blocked all of the other guys numbers and begged me for forgive her. i said ok. because i fucking loved her.. and everyone makes mistakes right. i had faith if i just did more awesome she wouldnt want to get with other guys.. then a month later i saw her flirting with her co worker and i couldnt do it
>>
>>16759403
If that's the case, you should've just left her when you found out about the rich guy incident, wtf OP.
>>
>>16759418
I could understand her talking to someone else out of anger, but to outright cheat out of anger is pretty ridiculous. She needs help.
>>
>>16759425
i feel bad for her really.. i wish i could be there to help her. as a friend at least. just to get her through this and let her move on with her life. like i have friends i can make this work out easier till i can finally move on.. but she doesnt have anyone. i was her only friend. she moved across the country after she graduated college for some sort of adventure and left everyone behind.. now unless she meets someone quick or moves back shes sitting at home.. sad and alone. i hate thinking about because it makes me feel guilty. cause i could just go and be there for her. but what kind of man would i be to break up with her and come running right back
>>
im sorry about everything michelle. i wish we could of made it work. i know we love each other. but we also fight too much for our relationship to be healthy.. i know youre sorry about all you did. and im sorry for either not leaving you right away. so we wouldnt have bonded and made it easier to walk away.. or fully forgave you and loved you for who you are. i hope whatever happens youre healthy and happy.. please be ok. goodbye
>>
>thinking she's actually sorry for fucking multiple people behind your back multiple times and continuing to do it

you're gonna have to learn how women work or you're in for a bad time dude
>>
You don't need to be with someone the fucks other people just because you two had an argument, that is over the top insane.
>>
>>16759102

>>know all those feels

broke up with my gf of 4 years a few days ago. Now i'm concentrating on not contacting her and making sure I never get together with her again.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.