[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insomnia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x960
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone could help me, because I just cannot sleep. Its already 5am, but my brain just wont shut the fuck up, eventhough my body and my eyes feel sleepy. Everytime I have a bad day or something is wrong I get this and its driving me fucking nuts, because I have shit to do the next day. In consequence, its even harder to fall asleep..and I guess you get the vicious circle. It feels as if my body was constantly pouring out stress-hormones and it wont stop. Then when Im in bed I just want to kick somethig and everything is extremely uncomfortable.
Has someone here had the same problem or could give me some tips to prevent this?
>>
>>16758857
Do you have a comfy bed? Invest in an electric blanket. Blackout curtains. Sleep machine. Good smelling linen sprays. Qt SO to snuggle.

Probably the most important thing to do would be to do something relaxing for ~30 minutes before bed that doesn't involve staring at a screen, which tricks your mind into believing it to be daytime.
>>
Sounds like anxiety. I take over the counter melonin to help with nights like that, but be warned it'll fuck with your dreams and leave you feeling groggy the next day.
>>
>>16758880
No my bed is not that fancy.. Just normal. And I dont think its because my room is too light, because I can also sleep when my light is on.
But I will try to avoid screens next time. The thing is, I have been lying in bed for 3 hours and didnt look at my phone or anything, but my mind still is just too awake.
>>
>>16758914
i have never taken any sleeping pills and i think there must be an alternative to this.
Well i quit smoking weed about two weeks ago. That always helped, but now I dont know what to do anymore. I got a little paranoid from the spliff so I dont want to continue
>>
Aww darlin, you know what it's probably cause you quit the weed, it might take over a month to get in a pattern where you don't need it to get to sleep and depebdint on how often you smoked it might be withdrawals too(some people get that with weed)
Try not to get up too much when you can't sleep unless you need water or to pee. Good luck
>>
Also, Michael sealey does amazing sleep hypnosis on YouTube, anxiety and depression related, lucid dreaming related etc
Even if you don't believe in hypnosis like me this guys voice is the most soothing yet boring combination that I have never finished a recording before falling asleep and I even had some pretty wild lucid dreams which was great cause I never remember my dreams but maybe that was cuz of the weed too
>>
>>16759185
Thank you I will definitely try this tonight. Sounds exiting, but evertime I had a lucid dream it turned out very bad
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.