[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I'm jobless and i don't have a home anymore.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160201_222709346.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160201_222709346.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
Hey /adv/, I'm jobless and i don't have a home anymore. Asking a place to my family is out of the questione, and nobody will rent me a room without a job. starting tomorrow, i have no idea where i will sleep
Its fucking over. I won't be able to stand up again. I've been kicked out from every single parent already
But above everything, i feel so alone for some reason.
I don't know anymore. why my life has always been such a mess. Pic related, its what is left of my life
>>
Please don't let me down.
>>
If you really can't ask family (better be a good reason for that) find out as much as you can about homeless shelters and whatever welfare you might be entitled to where you are. Sorry I don't have more to offer, good luck and stay strong anon.
>>
>>16757590
halfway homes or something similar so you have a bed.

any friends you could bum off of? get a shit-tier job, pay rent, get on your feet.
>>
>>16757651
>better be a good reason for that
The situation is so complex i sincerely don't know how to explain it without walls of text. the point is that no one is going to take me in their home. about welfare, there is about nothing for people like me
>>16757651
Even shit tier jobs are hard to come by.
A friend offered his place for some day, but it would be only a temporary solution
>>
Talk to me 4chan. You've been the only thing that didn't change in all these years.
I need you.
>>
>>16757764
bruh, just get a shit-tier job ANYWHERE.
>>
>>16757767
I'm too retarded to find a job or keep it
I suck at anything practical
>>
Are you urban or rural?

Find a tent, a good sleeping bag and a camping stove.
>>
>>16757814
Do it anyway. You will start sucking less and less the more practice you get. Stay with your friend as long as he will let you. Gives you time to figure things out.
>>
you can't be that retarded if you're able to complain. keep looking for a job someone will hire you
>>
>>16757849
I have done physical job sometimes already, i'm sure i'm going to mess up something
also my friend already lives with his father sleeping in the kitchen, i don't want to bother him
>>
>>16757839
I wish it was that easy

>>16757867
I'm retarded enough to be able to lose every job i ever had after few weeks
>>
>>16757887
how did you get fired for each job?
>>
>>16757911
Causing damage, getting tired too fast, being obiouvsly incompetent, and often people just didn't like my face
Stuff like this
>>
>>16757934
all stuff you can work on in a short period of time. don't give up too soon
>>
>>16757961
Don't have a choice at the moment i guess.
man, i feel so bad. I've lost everything other times, but i just can't get used to it
this shit keeps repeating like a circle
I just wanted a normal boring life
is it really so much? so difficult di achieve?
>>
>>16758007
no point in wishing for that life now you need to focus on getting back on the right path. i'm not saying it's going to be easy but it's possible and it starts with thinking "I can do this!" instead of "i'm a failure"
>>
File: 1451966819142.jpg (20 KB, 529x433) Image search: [Google]
1451966819142.jpg
20 KB, 529x433
>WAAAAAAAAH IM A LAZY FUCK WHO CANT GET ANY JOB OR EVEN WELFARE WAAAAAAAH

Holy shit get a fucking job, at least that's better than rotting on the streets even if you do get fired after a while. Also you can probably apply for welfare, you're just retarded.
>>
find some depraved motherfucker on craigslist

you might have to suck a lot of dick but at least you'll have a roof over your head

worked for me
>>
>>16758037
You're much probably right, but its hard to think positive when you have actually proof nothing has gone right once in your life no matter how much you tried
>>
>>16758081
Welfare here takes years to move, and there is nothing for people without grave handicaps
>>
Dude this is the most important moment of your life, don't pass it up.

I remember reading about some anon who was homeless for 2 months slept on benches and shit, but that gave him the motivation to do something with himself so he found a shit tier job, but that experience made him hard as fuck so he kept grinding and now is rich or something fuck.
>>
>>16757590
You can easily sleep in public. Get a tent. A lot of people do it just for fun.

Spend the whole day to find jobs. Like spend 10 hours looking for one.

I hope you have your phone
>>
>>16758086
you still have to keep trying you're too young to just give up
>>
>>16758093
I've been through stuff like this already multiple times, that's why i feel so broken
there is literally no hope left
>>16758112
Sleeping in public is a point of no return. its the point where you just give up being anything else than a hobo.
>>16758114
I'm past my 30 man
>>
>>16758185
still young man. you still got lots of time to turn this whole thing around
>>
>>16758195
I wish it was true
>>
>>16758249
it is. you act like you have a year to live
>>
>>16758286
That's because its like i'm dead already
i lost everything, every fucking thing
I got too used at having meals every day, clean clothes and fun with friends, so i forgot i'm trash and not people
>>
I'm going to sleep now. Thanks everyone
Although probably i'll keep come crying here until i managed to fix this shit some way
>>
>4chan please help me these are my problems
>ok do this
>no i cant do that
>ok how about this
>no i cant do that
>well what if you...
>no I cant do that
why do people even make these shit threads, what are you expecting us to do for you?
>>
>>16757590
Go to shelter or hostel while you work and just wait tables or something

You should be good to go after that you can probably rent a couch or pay someone to crash on their floor
>>
>>16758112
What like just find a place under an overpass or something and set up a tent and bus into the city?
>>
>>16759617
unfortunately there are no shelters or hostels were I live that would take me
>>
>>16759636
Go to a new city honestly yours sounds like shit

Go to Cali yeah you're homeless but you're in cali. Beg for change go steal a purse go rob someone at an atm get like 500 bucks and rent a weekly motel or find someone renting a room
>>
>>16759527

This.

What do you actually want OP? Someone to take you in? Maybe the reason people don't want you living with them is cause you have no interest in bettering yourself.
>>
>>16759639

>telling someone to commit a crime

What is wrong with you?
>>
>>16757879
>I'm sure I'm going to mess something up
This is not the right attitude. Everyone messes up. But you need to get a job. You will mess up, but that's okay. You need a job. You need money. Say it with me. I need a job. Period.

You will get better. You need to believe that.
>>
OP, how badly do you want to succeed in life? Don't you have any goals or dreams? Isn't there something you're talented at? Are there people you love or care about? Are there people that love and care about you? How would they feel knowing that you've ended up like this?

If you really want something, you have to keep at it until you get what you want. If you don't stay determined, you'll never get anywhere. If you don't want to give up, do your absolute best. If you have given up, then nobody can help you.
>>
>>16759527
I just don't want to feel lost man
>>16759617
I discovered there are hostels and such, but you can't stay there for long
>>16759636
This isn't me
>>
>>16759639
I'm not in America, here things are complex if you're not a fresh out a boat
>>16759651
Actually i've already taken in considerazione that i might need to do something like that
>>16759691
>>16759708

I know, but positive speeches sound kind of empty in this situation
>>
File: IMG_20160202_103039716.jpg (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_103039716.jpg
2 MB, 1440x2560
This is the people i'm in line with to get a id card for the shelter. Guess i'm really a fucking hobo now
>>
File: image_34.jpg (183 KB, 819x633) Image search: [Google]
image_34.jpg
183 KB, 819x633
My friend survived being homeless by befriending people and doing their laundry/cooking. Also, since you're homeless and don't have a job you can apply to foodstamps relatively easily, you need to do that.

To stay clean I recommend joining a gym with showers. I hope you turn out okay.
>>
>>16759780
>I'm not in America
OP can you please tell us what country you live in? it helps to know that so we can get a better idea of what your options are.
>>
>>16759824
Here there are no foodstamps, buy you can eat freely in hobo kitchens and such
>>16759830
Italy. Bureaucracy is a mess
>>
>>16759648
>the reason people don't want you living with them
Because its literally a whole bloodline of fuckheads. Great example is my father and his oedipus complex, accompanied with teenage anger management failures that end in him pretending to feel bad until someone plays the parte forgiving him
I'm most probably the only person in my family that actually tried to improve himself consciously
And this is the result
>>
>>16760009
That's hard to believe when you're determined to live under a bridge for the rest of your life. Maybe being a professional troll is your calling.
>>
>>16760032
>That's hard to believe
I know, and there is nothing that can make it easier. Explanation are meaningless if you haven't lived that stuff first person
Actually at some point i started to believe i was the fucked up one, but since i have no problem dealing with any kind of person it can't be the case
>>
>>16759867
Fellow italian here. You're pretty much fucked. No welfare or food stamps or shit jobs available. Do you have medie or superiori? Magari posta sul filo su /int/ o arruolati
>>
I am going to write the following post in Italian so I can help OP get to the point and lead a better life.

In Italia si sta di merda. Purtroppo lo sappiamo tutti. Di dove sei, innanzitutto? Se vivi al Nord ti viene più facile cercare lavoro all'estero, vista la vicinanza geografica ed i collegamenti Ryanair.

Comunque, se cerchi lavoro per qualche mese, dai un occhio alle Job Guide di AnyworkAnywhere (è un sito che ha annunci di lavoro stagionali in giro per il mondo). Sennò, nei Paesi scandinavi c'è sempre lavoro stagionale ma dovrai vivere sopra il Circolo Polare Artico. Se hai una laurea, puoi insegnare inglese ai bambini delle elementari in Cina o Tailandia. Se vuoi proprio rimanere in Italia, cerca lavoro online (Upwork e affini) o lavora nei campi (mele in Trentino, pomodori in Puglia e Sardegna etc). Se vuoi seguire migliaia di italiani, vai a Londra e trova un lavoro al McDonald's. Non serve sapere bene l'inglese, visto che sono lavori sottopagati per gli standard britannici.

Spero di averti aiutato.
>>
>>16760095
>>16760148
Sto in Piemonte, che e uno dei posti messi peggio per il lavoro
La priorità per ora e trovare una sistemazione che duri più di una settimana, a dire il vero non ci avevo pensato a lavorare all'estero. Hai ragione per quanto riguarda i servizi sociali, stamattina ho fatto un giro e in pratica non fanno un cazzo
sono troppo vecchio per arruolarmi purtroppo, e comunque un diploma superiore come il mip non serve a molto
Stasera faccio un giro su /int/ magari
>>
>>16760180

Mo che mi ci fai pensare, molti ostelli cercano personale in cambio di alloggio e colazione.Se ti pagano ti danno poco (300/400€ mensili) ma almeno hai un posto dove dormire.
>>
>>16759798
>>16759798
Holy shit you have to register to a shelter that sucks
>>
>>16760185
Si ma in genere lo fanno a coppie e persone referenziate
Adesso sono in attesa per un paio di lavori e un WOOF da queste parti
>>16760223
Tonight i'm still fine though. I hope i can convince an estate agent tomorrow and have a room with the promise of a job in the near future
>>
I received an ad for those study abroad english schools. Maybe going there i can stay somewhere for a month or so
>>
Don't wash yourself, tear up your clothes a little, get sandals and burn your passport.
Now pretend to be a refugee (not syrian, something like afghani who doesn't speak arabic). Go to the nearest refugee shelter or border and get free shelter, food and medical attention.
>>
>>16762783
That's way too unrealistic man
>>
>>16760180
>>16760185
>>16760901
SPEAK AMERICAN YOU FUCKS
>>
Spostati in una città medio-piccola, dove abito io (nord est) una camera in affitto la trovi a 200€ al mese. Con un lavoro qualsiasi, anche da McDonalds, riesci a comprire almeno le spese abitative e il cibo.
>>
>>16763691
let them speak italian. if you had noplace to ask for help except 2chan, and you saw another american on there who could advise you, what would you rather they do? write it out in english? or translate it into japanese so you have to translate it back again, almost inevitably adding errors and possibly causing misunderstandings?

I know this is an english language board, and ordinarily I'd be agree with you 100%. but the guy's about to become homeless, and it's not like any of us amerifags know how the fucking italian public assistance system works. cut him a little slack. if you're so hot to know what they're saying, run it thru google translate.
>>
Damn op not having family really puts a damper on things, I would say ask a friend if you can crash but looks like that out of the question. Do you have any money to your name at all?
>>
>>16763708
Mi sembra che ci sia poca gente disposta a dare anche solo camere senza buste paghe. quindi se mi nuovo vado a in ostello sicuramente. Forse ho trovato una, ma mi sa che affitta solo a donne. badanti rumene probabilmente
>>16763708
>>16763691
Its just a matter of practicity with local terms i guess.
>>
>>16763723
Yeah i got some bucks but nothing you can survive with for long
>>
>>16763719
they do have a place to go though, its called /int/
>>
>>16763851
Dipende. Se cerchi una singola stanza e non interi appartamenti, la gente è più tranquilla e affitta anche senza busta paga. Ovviamente eviterei di dire "Sono un disoccupato senza tetto", però non mi sembra un grosso problema.
>>
>>16763854
Bro can't you just rent an office for 300/mo and sleep under a desk
>>
>>16759798
The guy on the left won't be homeless for long.
>>
get a tent, if it's snowing then i don't really know.
you could build an igloo (which keep you warm off the snows insulation plus body hit just need something to lay over the snow) if there was enough snow and able to, but i don't live in a country with snow

there's usually places that will give accomodation+food for work, look online and see. depends on country but a lot of countries do it because giving them a caravan/shed or something to sleep in, plus food is cheaper then paying them minimum wage. they're also run pretty shadily and they don't treat workers as good

if you need food then learn how to fish and trap... you can trap fish for food/bait using only sticks (make a shape like [V], with the V entrance facing away from the shore). they swim in through the wide V mouth, then go to the walls and get stuck there if lucky. you can get food for eating but also for bait. then with those you can weave a trap with the same principle, but its a box/semi-sphere and use it for crabs, and then while that is baiting fish with extra bait. you can buy bait hooks for cheap too which work well and will give you live bait, that's one of easiest ways to get them. prawns are easy bait too but you need a flashlight/net (go at night and shine flash light, they light up and you use the net to scoop them).
fishing is one of easiest and free ways to get food if you live in a coastal area.. finding plants with food is difficult, fishing you just have to find a river or ocean area.
trapping depending where you live can be easy too, but it's more difficult as you need knowledge of certian traps and it's a skill that takes longer to get good at compared to fihsing where getting bait is as easy as getting bait hooks, bobbing it up and down, hooking a line and throwing it out and waiting for a bite then pulling up and realing in. trapping you need to know where the game line is, set up a trap that will trigger properly, but not let the animals get the bait and go away.. plus more
>>
>>16763920
also dumpster diving is a good way to get free food/money. it's more popular non-homeless now and who are doing well do it for extra money... so more people doing it makes it difficult. but they usually just go for goods like books/electronics etc. and leave food. it's illegal but not many people care. just know what foods are safe to eat and use common sense..

just watch out for homeless because they will prey on people to get money, doesn't maen all are bad but they're like drug users (which a lot of homeless are too, due to addiction forcing them into it).. most of them seem good, but eventually they'll betray you over 10-20 dollars
>>
>>16763890
They don't rent offices to random people
>>16763864
Ho beccato un paio di tipi che cercano un coinquilino, spero che la disoccupazione non sia un problema
>>
>>16763936
Its years that i do volunteering so i know homeless pretty well, getting fucked by them if i really hit the streets is my least worry. the fact is that sleeping outside is the start of a spiral extremely hard to escape

Earlier i got the contact of one of those catholic communities that live without internet, since they offer job, food and a place its probably a good idea to see if they can take me in
Its already my third day as guest in the monastery. shit
>>
>>16763981
Well man try to get some odd jobs maybe if you live in a big city you can walk dogs or something and expand. Take any job you can get near where you're staying. Also it might not be a bad idea to look for shit to scrap I had a bunch of shit my family was throwing out and my neighbor asked if he could have it and we said sure. We gave him enough metal to barely fill the backseat of a car and he came back with a check for 60 dollars. He also takes old wiring that people are throwing out and strips the plastic off it and gets the copper wires out of it and makes like 20-30 dollars in a couple hours. Having a talent helps I heard musical talent helps a lot of homeless. Kylie Jenner just turned some homeless dude into a super model so who knows
>>
how about asking the local, or any church about shelter. tell them your story and ask them for help. maby they will ask other member of the church to help you out, and who knows, maby they can give you a job or something.
i know its not easy but be strong man and get your shit to gether! the worst thing you can do, is beeing hopeless and weak.
>>
I sympathise with OP. This looks like a thread I'll make in the future.
If I knew the grand solution, I'd share it with you. I'm trying to work out the puzzle of life myself.
I'd suggest putting your priorities into discovering where certain services are, food banks, charity/discount stores, social services offices.
Mental health services are real important. Food and clothes real important also.
If you have access to the Internet, avail of websites like 4chan. I'm starting the apps Two-Way Walkie Talkie and Telegram to speak to real people I meet on 4chan and elsewhere.

http://telegram.me/joinchat/CKuPEgPVcst8UenubLVrQQ
Here's the group if you wish to join. There's people on the other end who can offer suggestions and an objective assesment.
>>
>>16757590
I was homeless for 2 years
I would usually find a high way bridge to sleep under when the homeless shelter was booked

If you live in Oregon go to union gospel mission you can literally go inside and watch movies all day, they serve 3 decent meals a day too
>>
Guys i found a place holy shit
it looks like Bender's apartment but the owner agreed renting me even without job because i can pay the two months insurance(sorry i don't know how its called in english) instantly
PLUS
An old niece want to talk me about giving me a contract for helping her with housekeeping

holy fuck i think i can actually pull it off
i'm so fucking happy i could cry
>>
>>16765230
I meant aunt damnit
>>
File: redrover.jpg (112 KB, 455x303) Image search: [Google]
redrover.jpg
112 KB, 455x303
>>16765230
Good to hear. Take care.
>>
well, thats great news!
>>
>>16757590
You can come stay with me, anon
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.