[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finding and Apartment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
First time I've been to /Adv/, I am unsure if this is the correct board to be posting on.

My boyfriend and I are moving out of my parents house with our daughter, cat, and dog.

We have 5300+ saved up right now.

Our price range has been 600-875 Depending on the area.

We have more than enough for first, last and deposit. Plus pet fees.

My boyfriend makes 30k+ a year, however I am a stay at home mom. We are in the process or him switching to night shift so that I can get a job however.

We have no rental history, and no credit. He does have a misdemeanor of driving without his license and insurance when he was younger. He is still paying it off.

We have to be out of here by the end of February to early March.

I need advice guys. How can we go about applying if I, myself have no source of income? Will apartments care as long as he can pay rent himself?
I have done all of the math and after everything is said and done (bills, food, baby, pets) we will still have a few hundred left over a month.

Should I lie on my application saying that I have a job? Will they call? I may be able to say I'm a nanny and give them a friends phone number. But would they require a bank statement?

Sorry I'm rambling, I really don't know how to put all of these questions into words. It's very overwhelming.
>>
I guess I shouldn't have asked 4chan. Since everyone who uses the site still lives with their parents as well.
>>
>>16757000
So do you. With your whole family, no less.
>>
>>16757002
Top kek
>>
>>16756810

this isn't >tfw no gf
so most of /adv/ is useless

anywho, you are not the first family with only one working parent to apply for an apartment. they wont require you to both have a job that doesn't matter to them.

what is important is generally the following
>do you make 2.5x the amount of rent? (at 875 a month, yes you do make more then 2.5 times your rent)
>do you have at least decent credit?

even if ur credit is bad, they will likely rent to you. they will just charge more in security deposits and such.
>>
As long as you both have good credit it shouldn't be an issue that you aren't working. They may ask to see pay stubs or require that you make more than x times the rent. Pets may be a hinderance..Get you butt out there and get a house, biatch.
>>
>>16757002
Hence, the "as well" at the end of my sentence lol.

>>16757012
Thank you, I really appreciate you responding.
>>
>>16757020
We have no credit, unfortunately. But my boyfriend makers 2.5x the rent alone. He can require pay stubs for sure. And I know, I can tell already that our pets are a hindrance but both pets are under 20lbs so most places should accept them.
>>
>>16756810
This will not end well. I highly suggest ya'll save another $2k, or you find some part time work.
>>
>>16757031
That is my goal. Until he can switch to night shift I can't really do much. And we can't save another 2k. I really wish we could. But we have to be out by the end of February/early March.
The nice thing is, my boyfriend is still going to get 1200+ from taxes. So we'll have that on top of our saved amount.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.