[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
things that made your day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: planking.jpg (224 KB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
planking.jpg
224 KB, 1280x968
those stuff you want to tell somebody but can't irl. this isn't a vent thread, or get it off your chest. it's a "i want the whole world to know about this" thread.
>>
bump for some positive shit
>>
File: 1416107456053.gif (2 MB, 320x362) Image search: [Google]
1416107456053.gif
2 MB, 320x362
I used to think I was a boring person, and that people only hung out with me to be nice. I went to a party a few days ago, though, and I made many people laugh their ass off and genuinely seemed to enjoy my company. This has been a big esteem boost for me, as now I know I am not a dumb shit-in NEET.
>>
>>16752446
fucking awesome!

my bf told me yesterday after he made me cum that my orgasms are fucking beautiful and that he loves them. that was very cute
>>
I'm proud that I've worked my way up from the bottom at a financial institution. And I've done it without playing any politics, remaining sincere, and being humble. Maybe I got lucky with my coworkers, or maybe people will just surprise you.

But I see some people at my level with blood on their hands- and I could never do it.
>>
>>16752503
glad people like you exist anon
>>
>>16752529
Aw, thanks man! :)
>>
got an upcoming date that's pretty promising and my face is spot free so 2016 seems pretty alright so far
>>
>>16753357
I'm nosey, give us some details.
>>
>>16753365
Well we're both in final year of secondary school(High School?), I had a crush on her for about 7 maybe 8 months? We hung out a decent amount in school and out of school but nothing more than just friends. Bout 6 months ago she broke up with her bf. 2 weeks ago friend tells me that she has a crush and wanted me to be her date to the Debs(Prom) so I decided fuck it,built up the courage asked her if she had any plans and made a date. Iunno what details you wanted but there's some stuff
>>
>>16752446
That sounds like a good time, anon. You sound like a really cool guy, so you shouldn't assume that your friends are only being nice. It's obvious they enjoy being around you.

I got to spend an entire day with my bf yesterday which was amazing. (We usually don't get to do this because he works night shift and I'm in uni). We woke up early and spent the morning at flea markets and yard sales, and bought a bunch of gamecube stuff for giggles. Then we spent the day playing games and drinking beer. We also cooked a bunch of good food together. It was the best day I'd had in a really long time.
>>
>>16753415
So awesome, I'm jealous of your day. I love my best friend too. Sitting in his garage drinkning and laughing until I cry is great.
>>
>>16753415
I'm actually really fucking jealous of you tbqh, you're so lucky, I wish my bf gave a shit about me like that kek.
Never let your bf go, you sound very happy with him :)

>>16752028
I don't even know if this would count as positive/post worthy thing..

But I've been in a daily outpatient rehab program at a clinic (drug and alcohol, methadone clinic, etc) since about September; I have to go in every day to be dosed with a medication that treats narcotic/opioid addiction.

I'm supposed to go in and get dosed every single day, but I've missed ~a lot~ of doses for a few reasons (transport issues, sleep and motivation issues, etc. I just have the worst luck).

When I started the program, I had to make goals and shit, one of them being that I eventually get double dosed. It pretty much speaks for itself, I only go in and get dosed every second day.
But before I could do that I needed to go in for a set number of consecutive days, so the nurses could monitor and assess me and shit.

Of course, I fucked it up and ended up missing a few days because I was staying at my bf's at the time.
But then I went in for a few days in a row.

Well, I don't think anyone, especially myself, thought that I'd get to the point of being double fucking dosed (finally!).

The nurses view it as a pretty big achievement for most people, and now especially for me because I'd had sky high anxiety about doing double doses.

And it probably means absolutely jack shit to anyone else.

But I finally did it.
>>
>>16754890
That's excellent, anon! Keep it up and you'll be fully recovered in no time.
>>
I finally decided to tell someone about my depression and started taking meds for it. I never thought it'd actually do anything for me, but I can't believe the changes I've felt since starting. I actually fucking want to live now and try to get my shit together.
>>
finally worked up the courage to ask someone i like to hang out, after like 3 months
>>
Today I went to a career fair, and literally had recruiters from three separate places I want to work approach me to discuss my resume. They all asked for copies and started making more when I didn't have enough. They all wanted an interview and it seems like I may well get offered a job.

This comes after literally five years of never leaving the house except to hang out with a very small group of friends. I never wanted to go out, didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, couldn't even drive. But every day I tried. I forced myself every step to go further and further. Even this morning I had to force myself out of bed just to overcome my social anxiety and go. If five years ago I could see the person I am today I don't think I would've recognized myself. People tell me now how they admire me and how impressed they are. I almost don't believe them just because I still remember being NEET.

If I can give any advice that isn't complete shit, it's to never give up. You don't have to be the smartest. Or the strongest. Or the best looking. You just need to be the one that never quits. That never stops moving forward, in whichever way that may be. Believe in yourself, anons. You can do more than you realize.
>>
I've been on 2 dates so far in 2016, which is 2 more than the entirety of 2015. They were both with the same girl and she seems to like me so I'm hopeful that this year is starting out well.
>>
>>16755194

That's actually really fucking inspiring to me, as I see myself in the same situation. I'm really happy for you
>>
>>16755194
This was exactly what I needed to see tonight. Thanks anon.
>>
File: Qa1ujuk5.gif (603 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Qa1ujuk5.gif
603 KB, 500x500
My sobriety has made my drawings significantly better, and I've gotten pretty good at coloring with pencils and stuff. Even my friends genuinely liked something I did recently, and it felt really good and made me want to draw all day.

I wonder if the irritability, sadness, and anxiety is worth it though. But, you know, whatever. Drawing makes me happy.
>>
A girl complemented my flannel and shoes, and how my outfit was coordinated. Will probably be the highlight of my week
>>
>>16755536
I also watched End of Eva again tonight, I feel strangely better and don't dread getting out of bed tomorrow.
>>
>>16752028
I kinda saved a mans life who had a stroke out on the street
>>
>>16755194

Dude, wat? How did you manage to get so much interest? What's on your resume if you've been sitting at home for 5 years?

I've been sitting at home for a few months feeling like absolute shit and wanting to change my career path but having no other/transferable skills or even focused directions, with my self worth at an all time low, and I'm just freaking the fuck out feeling like it's already too late and I'll have to just scuttle into the woods and become a mountain man rather than explain why I haven't worked for a while.

Could you elaborate a little on some of the steps between 'directionless NEET' and 'getting dick sucked by lady opportunity'?
>>
>>16755598

(Shit, I hope that doesn't come off as all weird and negative, congratulations and all that too!)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.