[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why can't I laugh?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Joker_laughing.gif (341 KB, 479x370) Image search: [Google]
Joker_laughing.gif
341 KB, 479x370
I think what sets me apart from normal people the most is my inability to laugh at mundane jokes. Seriously, I don't understand how people are able to laugh at literally everything. About 80% of things people say to be funny just aren't funny at all, yet normal social people laugh their asses off. My seriousness makes me a bore to girls too I'm sure. I hate seeing stupid comedies with a girl, they'll be laughing their guts out at these boring, stupid, unoriginal and recycled jokes that have been played out in every movie for decades, and then think I'm a drag because I'm sitting there with a straight face.

I guess I'm jaded or something. Is there any way to learn how to laugh again?
>>
>>16731566
Are you autismus? Maybe not socialized properly as a child?

Not being socialized was/is my issue I'm still dealing with.
>>
theres a lot of different types of humor im sure something suits you
>>
>>16731583
Yeah. I mean I can laugh at some things I find funny, but I can't fit in like everyone else and laugh at the slightest wiff of a joke. More often than not, when someone says something they think is funny I find it very irritating and want to tell them to shut up.
>>
watch the show two broke girls. if you think you hate stupid comedies now, youre in for a wild ride. That show is one of the most god awful pieces of shit to ever plop down on the face of the earth.
>>
It depends on your sense of humor, which usually depends on your sensitivity and intelligence that leads to you being unable to deal with the world through any other way than by laughing about it as a means to pretend you are happy and creating distance. That's usually good, unless you finally have enough and have to kill yourself anyway, like Robin Williams.
>>
>>16731593
Not him, but

Hanging out with normies and gradually becoming more like them helps.

Takes time though.
>>
>>16731593
you have the gift of having a developed sense of humor than, take advantage of it and be the source of laughter. you also sound like you would be the perfect type of person to have a dry sense of humor
>>
File: image.gif (621 KB, 244x184) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
621 KB, 244x184
>>16731566
That's called being an edgy little teenager.
>>
You know what's absolute hell? When a new HI-LARIOUS YouTube video makes the rounds. Like that "neature walk" video that was so popular a few years ago -- it's not that it was unfunny, it just wasn't bust-out-laughing-uncontrollably funny. And then people make you watch it with them and you have to fake a fucking reaction for every joke.

>oh anon, you haven't seen [x]? oh my god you're going to love it
>they pull it up and proceed to bust out laughing uncontrollably
>try to not do this face for five straight minutes :|

Hell is being forced to watch somebody else's favorite Vines compilation forever.
>>
>>16731646

Your post actually makes me think it has something to do with social awkwardness and perhaps self-confidence. Because if someone showed me a video I genuinely didn't find funny, unless they were some sort of fleeting acquaintance that I could just give a pity smile and move on, I would just not laugh, shrug and tell them it's not funny.
>>
>>16731666
>I would just not laugh, shrug and tell them it's not funny
Maybe you only get fleeting acquaintances because you're a bit of a curmudgeon? You sound like a grumpy lad.
>>
>>16731680

Ehm... I don't even know where you're coming from. You probably shouldn't try to construct whole people out of single 4chan posts?
>>
>>16731686
I work with what I'm given.
>>
>>16731666
After the many times of experiencing this feeling I've been thinking how it might be better to be honest and tell them it wasn't that funny because I feel like the other person knows what its like in your situation and has felt that way just as much as you
>>
All the morbid humour on this side of the Internet is ruining you, chum
>>
>>16731594
Thank God someone understands, all of those sitcoms are fucking terrible, especially TBG.

Things like Friends, Two & A Half Men, TBBT, etc, are mother fucking awful and cancerous. The worst part about TBG is they use jokes that originate on Tumblr, Reddit, and even 4chan sometimes.
>>
>>16731692

You should really hone your skills in that, then. Given little, you completely misinterpreted it.
>>
>>16731566
Damn, bitch Op. You must have a real creative sense of humor then? Why don't you become a fucking comedian and teach us all what laughter should truly be a result of, huh? Fuck your face.
>>
>>16731706
In whose opinion?
>>
>>16731696

That's true for mostly anything that humans feel, though. And not laughing about a joke is really something without much impact, especially if it's not even that person's own joke.
>>
>>16731696
No, don't just say "that was unfunny" completely deadpan. Instead
- groan "oh my GAWD" like your ears/eyes are bleeding
- give a "wtf am I watching" look to buddy, who must be a real dummy
- roll your eyes
- sarcastically say "wow, that was histerical...I'm just dying over here!"
or, if you to be an asshole,
- plainly mention, "well that's a whole lot of time I'll never get back."

The trick is to quit caring about the reaction of your peers, and just speak your mind.
>>
>>16731666
Nah.

I'm playing up the awkwardness of it a little, don't read too much into my tone. It's not like I'd ever actually be afraid of the consequences of saying "dude, that's not funny." I just don't enjoy feeling like a killjoy.
>>
File: 21step.jpg (31 KB, 1842x552) Image search: [Google]
21step.jpg
31 KB, 1842x552
>>16731701
There is a yin and a yang to everything in life. Remember grayscale, not black and white. Don't live black and white, it'll screw with you. I used to live black and white and it made life scary as ever until I lived grayscale and don't live gray either, that is just as scary. And remember you can't be perfect both ends of the spectrum. Also this is what filmmakers and photographers use.
>>
>>16731708

... the "opinion" of the person who wrote it?
>>
>>16731768
Also remember the saying I go by which is, don't jump the fence or else the dogs will bite you. Well that means don't cross any line in life and you OP just learned a line. So you got to be careful in life.
>>
>>16731779
>>16731768
Who is this guy? Is he just a shitposter?
>>
>>16731566

I don't know man
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.