[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ my girlfriend wants to get a belly button piercing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Hey /adv/ my girlfriend wants to get a belly button piercing and I think they are disgusting, she knows this and still wants to get it. How can I convince her not to get one?
>>
>>16725792
FUCK ME IM SO TRIGGERED RIGHT NOW IM LITERALLY SHAKING THIS IS SO DISGUSTING YOU RAPIST
>>
>>16725802
that's why I came to 4chan, because that's all people say, I am at peace with it if she gets one, I would just her rather not quite a bit.
>>
in Brazil atleast, getting belly button piercing is pretty much like getting a lower back tattoo

very common among whores
>>
>>16725806
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it stop being a stupid slut
>>
>>16725813
That's part of the reason I dont want her to get one, they look slutty and trashy, although it is becoming quite trendy in America to get one.
>>
>"Can't you wait until we've broken up?"
Try that.
>>
>>16725823
2 year anniversary in a little bit, not really looking to get in a huge fight.
>>
>I want a modification that increases my sluttiing efficiency
>>
>>16725827
she's pretty loyal, she just has a thing for piercings
>>
>>16725792
Anyone have any actual advice?
>>
>>16725792

>How can I convince her not to get one?

just tell her straight away, "if you get a belly button piercing, i'll get one too"
>>
>>16725853
Tried that, she said "You dont want one, and I do, besides you wouldn't do it."
>>
>>16725847

your gf isn't your property, she's going to make decisions that effect her life first and yours second

pick your battles bro, she's not trying to move out of the country or fuck your dad. is this really something worth getting upset about?
>>
Tell her you think they're gross. If she gets one anyway, that's a sign of a fundamental problem on her side. No good gf would make themselves gross to their SO. Then after, don't touch her if her shirt is off. Stop in the middle of sex when you see her bb ring. Stop initiating sex. Either she'll get the message or break up with you, either way problem solved and you can be with someone who wants to actually try.
>>
>>16725862
Yeah, I know that, that's why I am not telling her she cant, I would just her rather not and am looking for a way to express that to her in a way that doesnt make her angry. Like I said if she gets one I am not going to be angry I will just accept it, but I would just rather her not get one.
>>
>>16725871
Pretty sure I dont want to break up with her over this or anything, but I see your point that it might be the sign of a problem if she was willing to make herself look gross to me for a belly button ring. Will consider carefully mate.
>>
>>16725874

if she wants it she's gonna do it
you just gotta deal

i'm sure there are things you do that she would rather you didn't. relationships are about compromise.
>>
>>16725883
Maybe I will just have to get used to it... I definitely value are relationship more than a belly ring. Besides, her with a belly ring is still a lot hotter than 99% of girls without a belly ring for me. I do love her very much.
>>
>>16725792
alright looks like threads ded. Thanks everyone for what help you could give.
>>
if your expressed distaste alone can't stop your gf from making an alteration to her body that will result in you being less attracted to her, then you sure as hell won't be able to stop her from jumping on another cock when the opportunity arises either.

trust me bro, the relationship is over. I'm 24 with a long dating history and I've seen it again and again and again. Your gf getting more piercings, tattoos, or dying her hair is a dead give away that shes not getting gina tingles from you anymore. subconsciously, she wants to peacock her appearance to attract new dick.

you'll find out that I'm right in within the span of a few months max.
>>
>>16725792
It's really not that big of a deal/difference man.

If she's loyal and cares about you and yadda yadda, then this is a tiny tiny issue. You're very lucky to have her if the above is true, because most people FUCKIN SUCK.

It's stupid, but no need to belittle it or say it makes her sluttier. It's a dumbass bit of jewelry, and if it makes her happy- fuck it. Think of her liking your hair long and you wanting to buzz it. It wouldn't be cool for her to be so up in arms about it.
>>
>>16725792
why do you think there gross? if she keeps it clean it wont look like that picture you posted
>>
>>16725792
OP where do you live? Because its goddamn winter in the northern hemisphere! There's over a foot of snow outside my house. Unless you live south the equator or near it, you're not seeing that thing for half a year outside of sex. Hell there's a good chance, as long as she's not into midriffs, you will never see it outside of sex . And for sex all you have to ask is if she'll take it out. Maybe she'll want to do it with it sometimes but you can just remind her you respected her decision to get it so it would mean a lot if she respected your request for sex without it. She probably won't sleep with it in too. Let her do her thing. Won't bother you at all.
>>
>>16725792
Tell her that shit is easy to get infected, hurts a lot for a while, etc.
>>
>>16725792
How about she does whatever the fuck she wants with her body image and you shut the fuck up about it.
>>
Tell her to wait until post pregnancy.
Same argument if she wants nip piercings.
Sanitation.
>>
"Sweetie, obviously it's your body, not mine, and you can do what you like. I just want to be clear that I find piercings like that pretty unattractive. Like ... they seriously gross me out. It'll weird me out every time I see yours. I know this is probably an unusually strong reaction to them but it's not something I can help. But like I said, it's your choice and I'm not telling you not to get one, just telling you how it'll make me feel."

Be honest and direct without being confrontational or demanding. Don't bring up anything else, like, "it makes me feel like you're trying to impress other guys" or "but hygiene!" It'll weaken your position. Talk to her like an adult.
>>
Speak with her about the meaning of the body modification. Liken it to some tatoos that have mystic and spiritual significance and then she will wander about the internet for a few days trying to think up a spiritual reason.
When she discovers that it means nothing other than she is a whore her little dream wil go pop.

Other than that show her that pic and others like it *barf*
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.