[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cologne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1452615523110.gif (650 KB, 350x204) Image search: [Google]
1452615523110.gif
650 KB, 350x204
I am looking for a really good Cologne something that girls will love and go crazy over, it has to be strong enough that when I walk by you can smell the trail of it without me spraying like 9 times.
Anyone have some really good Cologne suggestions? Right now I am using Chrome and it smells nice but it doesn't have a good linger in the air to it
>>
Use an aphrodasiac essential oil blend on your pulse points
>>
File: 61wq8DpLfEL._SL1500_.jpg (111 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
61wq8DpLfEL._SL1500_.jpg
111 KB, 1500x1500
i ADORE the smell of terre d'hermes. whoa. it makes my hormones go into overdrive instantly
>>
>>16724310
It is strong though? Like if someone walked by would you be able to smell it in the air for a couple seconds? Or if you walk in a room you smell it
>>
One million
>>
>>16724323
in my experience, yes. hermes is a very good house. the paarfumes are worth the price.
make sure you use the perfume properly. meaning: put it on after a shower. use minimal scented showergel and deo. moisturize your skin before putting the perfume on.
then dab some on your wrists, ellbow creases, behind yoour ears and maybe your knee creases. i also like to spray into the air ONCE and walk trough it if i have freshly washed my hair.
>>
>>16724302
Do you guys realize that it is super gross when you use that amount of cologne? I want to smell it if we're talking or hugging, but not be intoxicated if we share an elevator.
>>
Red
Dirty English

Red for social gathering. It's sharp and it distinct. Dirty English for close encounters. Subtle yet quality scent
>>
>>16724374
No im not looking for something to spray like 20 times, I just want a nice 1-2 sprays and have it strong but subtle in the room
>>
>>16724374
This.. just use a complete set from bath and bodyworks so every inch of you smells the same. I like the ocean and the woods ones.
>>
>>16724390
ignore it. people think you want to smell like a teen on axe.
a good parfume lingers.
>>
>>16724310
>>16724369
Can I get terre d'hermes in the store like Target or something? or do I need to get it online, i'd like to at least try it first though
>>
>>16724390
>strong but subtle in the room
I prefer when I can smell it if we're close. Not in the room in general. I find it pretty not elegant.

I like to use rare perfumes, so they're just "mine" and particular. Like some from Armani privé.
>>
Here's some more.
http://www.esquire.com/style/grooming/g231/mens-cologne-reviews-0709/?
>>
Terre de Hermes is very good, I agree.

Another good one on men is The Verte by Bulgari, if you like a green tea kind of smell. It's good on anyone, really. Good for spring and summer
Another really great one you can get cheap on ebay is Pino Silvestre and the Oud Pino Silvestre if you like that woody/incense thing.

Another option is an essential oil musk. An "egyptian musk" is great although you will smell "hippie." Still it's very very sexy - musks work on a subliminal level.
>>
>>16724402
i have no idea, im from europe. but i'm pretty sure it's widely available. atleas here you get it in every parfumerie.
>>
>>16724413
I agree I want a unique scent like if its me a girl and some guys I want her to be like oh thats OP's smell I like it, not oh it just smells like guys in here. One of my friends uses axe and alot of it so its hard to compete with smells in the room since as everyone knows axe is a fucking cancer or smells and fills up the room instantly.
>>
>>16724421
Nah I don't need a cheap cologne I want to get a unique smell that everyone will know and relate it to me when they smell it.
>>
also, there's almost always a fragrance general on /fa/
>>
You want to wear colognes with warm tones during winter, and colognes with cooler tones during summer.

Versace Eros is good for summer and carries on through multiple seasons, but 1 Million by Paco Rabanne is a great winter cologne that also carries through seasons. I get the most compliments with 1 Million. A coworker rubbed her arm all over me to smell like me for the rest of the day (oddly, she was married). I haven't tried Burberry but pic related smells great too.

I'm not making shit up by the way, google colognes and seasonal tones.
>>
>>16724449
this.
one million is nice, but almost every guy wears it. it's not exactly "unique" anymore
>>
>>16724428
You don't need to use a super strong one.
On guys I love these colognes:
- Polo Blu by Ralph Lauren, very fresh and nice. It's informal, nice, young. I love it. It's probably my favourite ever.
- Acqua di Bergamotto by Ermenegildo Zegna. Very fruity and elegant.
- ANYTHING by Emporio Armani privé. I have some of their scents and they last for days. Super good.

Do not overdo it. One or two sprays. I hate when I can smell someone's perfume from a distance,gets as cancerous as axe. Keep it elegant and light.
>>
>>16724436
These aren't "cheap" they are just inexpensive they are good quality.

There's no such thing as "cheap" perfume. Chanel to Old Spice its all the same chemicals.

Read 'Perfumes: A Guide" by Luca Turin!!!!
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.