[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Split up with my gf more than two months ago. We don't talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: sad-skeleton.jpg (77 KB, 484x471) Image search: [Google]
sad-skeleton.jpg
77 KB, 484x471
Split up with my gf more than two months ago. We don't talk to each other at all, but I still miss her, even after the time. She has an instagram though but it's private, never had an account so I could never follow her. I know it's creepy but sometimes I just go on to her ig even when I know it's private.

Last week I got drunk though and checked her ig and it wasn't private. She deletes a lot of her pics in retrospective but she still had the pic of a gift I gave to her for her birthday (which was a couple weeks before we broke up) with a little heart in the description to it. It wasn't anything fancy like an expensive jewel she would keep in there to look interesting, she wasn't like this. It was just a little gift I bought to her and it made her happy.

What does it mean? Why didn't she delete it if she no longer wants me in her life?
>>
>>16719477

Let her go. Just let it all go. That was from a different time.
>>
>>16719491
Do you think she would deleted it if she hated me? I'm not sure how she even feels about me now.
>>
>>16719503
Does it matter? It's clear that she is done with you. Gotta let her go man. Move forward.
>>
>>16719518
Yeah it fucking do matter to me.
>>
>>16719531
does*
>>
If it matters why did you break up with her? You broke up for a reason, don't be "that guy" who clings onto a broken relationship. I dumped my ex a year ago and she still clings onto me, uploading shit we did like go to the museum, concerts etc. Fucking move on or be a bitch and get back with her.
>>
>>16719550
It wasn't me who broke up, Einstein. It was complicated.
>>
>>16719558
Elaborate then Sherlock, you want us to give you advice yet won't share the story of why 2 "lovers" broke up. If it was her who broke up with you then respect her choice and MOVE ON.
>>
>>16719561
Fuck off with your moving on, don't you think I'm trying? It's hard when you still feel something to the other, it's not like you can just erase someone from your life like a mistake on a paper. It was LDR and it was kind of difficult, even though we were trying to keep in touch.
Everyone who ever loved someone still has a little hope in their hearts that things might get a new start, she was supposed to come to my uni this september.

I'm trying to let her go, but I still miss her and if someone meant to you something in your life breaking all connections might be tough.

This information isn't needed to answer my question though, I just wanted an answer from psychological point of view.
>>
She's trying to look cool on Instagram. She wouldn't have uploaded it in the first place if she didn't think she's get likes and shit.
>>
>>16719846
You're not the only one whos had this problem dumbshit. A girl I met last year broke it off with me 5 months ago and I still mutter "I miss you Khadijah" at odd moments in the day when it hurts most. If she left you, she left you. The hope is there, but when you use your rational mind, it makes little difference whether she feels a sliver of affection for you or not.
Everything looks closer in that rearview until you finally put it down and realize she aint going near you.

You answered your own question in your OP. It was a gift that made her happy, given to her by an ex on her birthday. You're dwelling too much on this. I've been bereaved twice. This shit aint new to me. All you can do is look at your own life and think "she isn't a part of my future anymore"
>>
>>16719873
This is some adulthood shit, I'm not ready for this yet. Hm, what can I do.
>>
>>16719846
Fuck off with your pedantic bullshit then. People think love rules their life and if you aren't in love/being loved then you're worthless. How about instead of dwelling on what could have been how about you actually do something positive like concentrate on your life and how you want to live it not how you'd be if stayed with her. Being depressed and second guessing yourself isn't healthy, what's that age old saying? If you truly love someone you'd know when to let then go. Sure that quote might not be accurate but it's accurate enough for this thread.

If you do think she still loves you and all that horseshit then fucking ask her, be the man your parents want and take actions that could improve your life...or don't, either way shut the fuck up and put that microwave meal for one in for 3 minutes and slit your wrists at the ding.
>>
>>16719902
Chill out man, jesus fucking christ. Go munch on a dick or something.
>>
>>16719902
You've got the point with the saying though, man. I just wish I could be strong enough.
>>
>>16719913
I would but you've already gobbled them up like a fat kid in a candy store. Perhaps that's your problem, you're a faggot that doesn't want to accept he has failed and humiliated his family because he couldn't step up to the plate and use his dick like a normal man would. You're the future cuck, meet your fellow cucks in each new thread.
>>
Why are you keep bringing my family into this, are you retarded?
>>
>>16719990
>Why are you keep bringing my family into this, are you retarded?

Are you retarded because you sure type like one.
>>
Doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>16720603
How similar could it be, tf?
>>
Forget that poster, OP. He's trying to help you and you're not listening.

The reason you're arguing is because you WANT the fact that she keeps her Instagram image up to mean something. Gues what, it does. Most likely it means that she wants to come across to people looking at her album, as someone who is valueble enough to receive gifts. Her Instagram is something she tailors to make her look good. It doesn't matter who the gift was from, in that respects.

or

She could secretly want you back and uses this childish approach to give you a magical sign.

I'm the kind of poster who'll always a courage guys to try and get their girlfriends back with the right approach, and fact of the matter is that if you continue to care about her (2 months isn't long btw), the only way you'll be able to get er back, is to let go of the past, counter-intuitive as it may seem. When you've let go, then you can start looking for signs.
>>
>>16720658
She obviously lost interest when they are not talking.
>>
As was said, she wants to show up. Nothing in it for you.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.